Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

9 hours ago, mike whiting said:

Thanks @Valley Axe Man I'm amazed at how Andy managed to achieve the weeks name embossed in the chassis, just like the real trailer.

No bother Mike, Andy is some man when it comes to builds, he trys to get the most he can in a build, some things aren't achievable but if he can find a way to do then he does... a few photos from Andys catalogue from back in 2012, theres more range now but he hasn't updated the catalogue yet

Slide44.JPG

Slide58.JPG

Slide42.JPG

Slide59.JPG

Slide49.JPG

Slide60.JPG

Slide64.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not really 16th but whilst going through the 32nds with the camera i snapped these, rumours circulate that there are other colour combinations (red with grey wheels, and possibly a blue with red wheels) besides these ones, maker unknown but slightly bigger than 16th, all plastic apart from the axles, and there is a matching 4 wheeled trailer and a set of discs apparently to match too, i have a trailer somewhere to match the Blue/grey Leyland pictured....

IMG_7980.JPG

IMG_7981.JPG

IMG_7982.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thought seeing as there isn't the local Steamfair this year that would have been this weekend, i thought i'd get the 4/65 out and bring the doublechop out to get it looked over and greased up and a check of the trailers seeing as nowt much else happening ;)

IMG_8041.JPG

IMG_8042.JPG

IMG_8043.JPG

• Like 9

5 hours ago, alf aphid said:

They really are beauties ! Not the plastic Leyland, I hasten to add !

haha Cheers Alastair :) though that said, there is a famous plastic Nuffield and (weeks) style trailer by Ralph Lipkin that i haven't yet added to the collection, the Denzil Skinner needs adding too at some point although very briefly i did own one of those in a very sad and playworn state missing various parts and severe damage. The Plastic leylands aren't bad for what they are, yes not a collectors piece as such but being a "leyland" they found a welcome home here ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

haha Cheers Alastair :) though that said, there is a famous plastic Nuffield and (weeks) style trailer by Ralph Lipkin that i haven't yet added to the collection, the Denzil Skinner needs adding too at some point although very briefly i did own one of those in a very sad and playworn state missing various parts and severe damage. The Plastic leylands aren't bad for what they are, yes not a collectors piece as such but being a "leyland" they found a welcome home here ;)

Edited by alf aphid

32 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Yes my my dad has the dentil skinner one, lovely old toy. Must have been a really posh toy in its Day !

Nice one ;) I think they were originally designed to be given as a promotional item when you bought a tractor as well as being available to buy alongside the Chad Valley range of tractors Alastair, The Skinner ones also were stripable and came with a little open-ended spanner, the engineering in the wheel strakes that they made for them was fantastic like you say considering it was to be played with.... one day i'll get another that will be in better overall condition than the one i had for a weekend, that would have made a nice restored example given time but an original tidy one would be a better bet

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Not one for my own collection but tempary home until my next trip north out of lockdown and a RJN super 6 for big Dave Steele, to go with the blue and orange soft nose version he got at the end of last year this one in the later colours and sporting 14x30's as opposed to 11x36's

IMG_8253.JPG

IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8256.JPG

• Like 6

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Couple of recent additions from the fat fella with the white beard and red suit..... Firstly off my better half a 345 seeing as earlier in the year my real one headed up to Durham before more recently made its way down to Malton... Anyhow during last year Brian recreated Nuffields 3 cylinder so was a nice surprise to find under the tree.... 

IMG_20220106_145604.jpg

IMG_20220106_145542.jpg

• Like 7

And as a little treat to myself after seeing them at the Newark tractor show I could resist adding Brian's cantatore version of the Nuffield 345 and a 4wd version of the cabbed Leyland 384, was rude not to really seeing as they were there sat awaiting my hard earned 

IMG_20220106_145649.jpg

IMG_20220106_145738.jpg

IMG_20220106_145455.jpg

IMG_20220106_145519.jpg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, smithy said:

Fat fella with white beard and red suit 🤔 think i have seen him around but cant remember his name 😂. Some nice addition's you have there Paul ,thanks for showing .

Cheers Smithy, aye he's got a thing about mince pies.... But oddly he seemed to like dropping down folks chimneys.... Sounds a bit dodgy to me like.... 🤣 Yes a bit of a haul but would have been rude not to get the 4wds after seeing them at Newark.... Though Gemma did say about getting a cab for the 345 to make it like my old real one.... but that will need to be sorted with the other fella with a big beard 😉

• Like 2

12 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Very nice additions there Paul. Brian's Leylands look very nice. Could you swap for a set off 34s from a UH Ford  on the rear off the 4wd 384 and have a 1/16 replica off the your latest Scale 1/1 purchase..! 😁

Thanks Justin, yes Brian's 384s look good, not a bad representation of one, as no mainstream builder offers 16th scale  Leylands, and the nearest 32nd ones off a mainstream builder were the scaledown ones that Nigel did with cabs... but I think we both know of a master craftsman on here that one day might blow us away with a stunning creation 🤔😉Brian has plans in place to alter the cab slightly to include a rear window and also the deeper section wings off the later QM cab as found on the synchros and silver stripe 10 speed Leylands so given time a true 472 will appear which will be a given that one will be going to join the collection 😉 speaking of wheels though to be true to form it would need a set of PAVT wheels and also flat center 28s for the front... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jmd said:

Very nice paul you'll be running out of storage space for all these 1/16 ha ha!

Thanks John well yes and no... There's still a bit of space yet, would be worse if they were or all ever end up in cabinets..... Then they take some serious room up, hopefully get one or two of these back out to some shows this year... Almost forgot what it's like to take models to a show it's been that long....🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Thanks John well yes and no... There's still a bit of space yet, would be worse if they were or all ever end up in cabinets..... Then they take some serious room up, hopefully get one or two of these back out to some shows this year... Almost forgot what it's like to take models to a show it's been that long....🤔

Your right there paul although they would look good all out on display. Yeah hopefully we will get to do a bit of displaying this year like you say its been a while

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmd said:

Your right there paul although they would look good all out on display. Yeah hopefully we will get to do a bit of displaying this year like you say its been a while

It would need some size of table John, off the top of my head I've 4x 460s 7x 1060s 2x 345, 3x 465, 1x 344, 7x 384, and 3x 272  and out of that lot 4 have winches, and 10 are 4wd.... Oh and one has a loader..... But hopefully some will get chance to see light of day this year. 👍

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Seeing as it's almost been 2 years since any of the collection see light of day at a show we took a slack handful of RJNs out of storage and headed north up to the North East model farm and construction show at Newmacher at the weekend just past, anyhow gave the Defender a good stretch of its legs and had a decent show, maybe lacking in a few more exhibitors and traders but all in all a good weekend had up north and well done to Andy and the two Brian's for getting a show going again 

FB_IMG_1651517296466.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641376060.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641385158.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641393759.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641400718.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641431239.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641407791.jpg

FB_IMG_1651641442310.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice display there Paul. Fells good to get them all out on show again I bet.. 

Cheers Justin, aye it seemed strange gathering them up before we set off up the road, had almost forgot what it was like doing a show but yes was good to get some of them back out again, next outing for some will be tractor fest at Newby Hall as our local rally aren't having a model or craft tent this year for some reason.... 

• Like 2