Grey Fergie Restoration Update

NewHolland2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah good luck mart,hopefully it will be the one of your dreams

Thanks Sean...... :)

Yes good luck Mart... Ben and I had a look for TE mudguards today - but the stall never had any - everything else... but no TE ones - typical  ::)

Thanks Marky (and Ben), not to worry, once I've got the 3600 I'll be able to concentrate on putting funds to the mud-guard which shouldn't take too long......Old20 do them for about ?70 each......Which is expensive, but will make it look a lot better...... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to up-date this last week-end:-

Seat now finished with top coat of Grey and both back wheels are now finished as well......

Just the front axle to do and one radius rod and then wiring in the final touches (lights and gauges) and attaching my new name plates...... :);)

......Not forgetting the elusive mud-guard...... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

tell you what mart,your gonna have to get a old sack full of straw for that seat,your backside will be numb as hell after a few hours on that across a field carting grain  :D :D :D :D :D

shes looking good though mate,not to much to go now eh

tell you what mart,your gonna have to get a old sack full of straw for that seat,your backside will be numb as hell after a few hours on that across a field carting grain  :D :D :D :D :D

shes looking good though mate,not to much to go now eh

Aye, I've got myself a nice paper sack for the seat Sean...... ;)

She's certainly getting there and after the axle's done there will be a big difference...... :)

Mart what are you going to do about the roughness on the front above the grilles and the big hole where all the rust is on the mudguard??

The area above the grilles is about to be angle grinded tomorrow to get the remains of the old P38 off and then I will apply new (much smoother) P38 to fill in the wee holes.

For now the hole in the mud-guard will be left but will be fixed in the near future...... :)

for heavens sake be careful when you walk round the back of the Fergie, Mart

That shovel (or whatever) could ruin your marital prospects !!

:D :D......That's no shovel John, that is an antique McAllan Weed-Burner used to kill weeds at the side of railway many years ago......God knows why I've got one though...... :D :D ;) ;)

paper sack mart,that will never last,what you need is the old meal/feed hessian sack,filled with a bit of straw mate,all old fergys had them,standard early "farmer chavs" upgrade,all in farmers had them ,double thickness on fords due to ride quallity, save no end on piles in later life mate  :D :D :D :D

paper sack mart,that will never last,what you need is the old meal/feed hessian sack,filled with a bit of straw mate,all old fergys had them,standard early "farmer chavs" upgrade,all in farmers had them ,double thickness on fords due to ride quallity, save no end on piles in later life mate  :D :D :D :D

:D :D......There's a few lying around the farm for filling with sheep feed so will maybe have to "burrow" one...... ;)

First coat of P38 was put on the bonnet yesterday and I have since applied another two coats, one first thing this mornong and then one just now...... :)

Looking a treat if only I could extract the bolt from the blasted front axle...... :'(

Here she is yesterday...... :)

have you done any on the roughness on the top of the front pannel mart? seems a shame not to try and blend that out if you can,will look supreb anyway when shes done.how did you get on with the petrol tank? i did see a patching kit the other day for things like that ,but didn't think to take the name of it

have you done any on the roughness on the top of the front pannel mart? seems a shame not to try and blend that out if you can,will look supreb anyway when shes done.how did you get on with the petrol tank? i did see a patching kit the other day for things like that ,but didn't think to take the name of it

For just now I'm going to leave the top panel as I think the pic makes it look a wee bit worse than it really is......The pits in the metal give it some character I feel...... :) :)

It's come up well after another coat of the P38 with all the wee holes in the front above the grilles filled in......Weather permitting I'll give it a sand down and see how I am for paint tomorrow...... :) :)

Haven't had a chance to do anything about the petrol tank problem yet as I didn't have enough dosh to buy anything other than the P38 when I was in the motor factor...... :-[

If you see the stuff you mentioned again mate, could you check the name please...... :)

yeah will do mate,didn't give it a second thought as i went buy it,,just noticed it ,was a sort of patch sticky thing ,in a set with a hardener i think,

Cheers Sean, sounds similar to the P38 I'm using to do the bonnet, I don't know if petrol would react with P38 but that may be worth a try...... :-\ :)

Done a fair bit of work today......

Added another coat of P38 and then sanded that down and prepared the front of the bonnet for painting. Also due to the axle problem and the fact there sia bout 6-8 weeks before it is needed for work, I have decided not to strip down the axles to do the painting, so instead I have painted as much of them with their first coat of Grey without removing anything......

I think next weekend I MAY get the radiator off to get a better look at the axles...... :)

Pics to follow later......You WILL notice a huge difference in how she looks...... :);)

WELL MART NO A FERGIE MAN BUT THAT IS LOOKING GOOD.GOT A FERGIE TRAILER YET. IF YOU ARE STLL LOOKING FOR ONE IN THE SUMMER I WILL SEE IF WE ARE GETTING RIDE OF OURS WE HAVEN'T USED IT IN A COUPLE OF YEARS BOUGHT IT FR CATTLE FEED BUT DO IT WITH TON BAGS NOW.