Grey Fergie Restoration Update

NewHolland2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a lovley little 3 ton fergy trailer in classic tractor this month mart,complete with origonal sides,and hay racks  bale extension board,and grain shootgto mate,,just need a bit of work on new wood side boards,,would look grteat behind her matef

I'll have to have a wee looky Sean......Will do that soon......Cheers...... :)

Weyhey Mart.. now the little lady looks dressed to thrill... DOesn't that make a difference... I bet it will feel good to drive her now and be allowed to rest your arm without ripping it off  :D :D

Looks good eh Marky......Will be good to drive now...... ;)

well do mart looking smart.

Cheers Old Ford, makes all the difference eh...... :)

Great work Martin  ;) ;)

Strangely enough i've been playing with my grey fergie tonight  ;)

Oh Sorry Marky don't you have yours yet  :D :D :D

Cheers Barry...... :)

Apart from the box the Fergie looks a good model...... :D;)

The box adds to its character for me ;) ;)

I'll whisper this but unlike the box it was only a fergie (not mf)

Its a great model Martin, will you get one or is it too big scale wise  ???

I'll probably get one eventually Barry, definitely not too big as I've a fair few 1/16's in my collection......Money's the only problem just now though...... :-\ :'( ;)

that really looks the business, Mart

I'd be very pleased with her.

Now we wait for some adventures during the summer !

Thanks John...... :)

Any adventures will all be reported complete with as many pics as possible...... :D;)

Looks great Mart.....Well Done  :)

Cheers Scott......I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out...... :) :) ;)

Certainly coming along pretty smoothly Mart, will you have her at any local country shows or anything this year or will it be next year before she gets a public showing?

Thanks Tris...... :)

I think it'll probably be next year before she goes public because although it looks fine as it is just now there are a few wee things that I'd like to get sorted before she gets put on show (such as the tyres etc). I really wanted to get her up to a standard suitable for working with for the Summer and then complete her properly after that - having said that I hope to have the lights on soon......Before the work in the Summer hopefully...... :)

Looking really tidy now, Mart - amazing what mudguards do!

Drive her through a grass field for a while, that'll put a nice shine on the tyres.  ;D

Cheers John, it's the gash in one of the rears I'm mainly worried about...... :-\ ;)

looking good Mart!!!

bet you can wait to finally finish her ;D

Cheers Ben, you're spot on there...... ;)

Yeah I'm keeping my eyes peeled Sean......It's the taking off of the original one that could be the problem after 56 years...... :D;) ;)

should come off ok i would think,if not angle grind the steel and it will def come of then,thats all the farm used to do ,,would always have the old tyre of before the guy got to them if they had a puncture,save time

have you tried giving the size to your local tyre or ford dealer,see if they have anything come in,some farmers change both in one go if they are low,so would do you as a temp option till you have the cash to buy 2 news 

Thanks Sean, I haven't tried that yet, will see what I can do over the next couple of weeks...... :)

Yeah I'm keeping my eyes peeled Sean......It's the taking off of the original one that could be the problem after 56 years...... :D;) ;)

Small piece of HEAVY angle iron on the bead Mart and WHACK it with a sledge hammer - will pop the bead off in no time  ;)