Grey Fergie Restoration Update

NewHolland2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Both light brackets are now fitted and I'm going to get some wires to get them working soon...... :);) ;)

Now I have a question for you here:-

You've seen plenty of pics of this wee machine and now I'd like you to tell me something......

If you were going to buy this tractor (bearing in mind it has many new parts, starts first time, will have front headlamps, has been re-painted, has two new rear mud-guards, but has a couple of oil leaks and some old tyres) how much would you pay for it?

maybee rory could do a mini feture in his magazine and that might give it some celebrity status

hence pushing the price up that bit more  :);):D

as for price I dont realy know mart ?900 - ?1250  :'( the machinery market is realy fluctuating all the time and the sugar beet crises is only adding to the low prices  :-\ :'(

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the estimates folks......Hopefully by the time she goes there'll be a bit more on her to bump up the price......

Today the bonnet inside was finished with Grey paint as well as some other areas which were still red......Just the lamps to do now really, gauges may well be sold with the tractor rather than fitted...... :-\ ;) ;)

I think I'm pretty certain I'll be parting company with her though unfortunately...... :-\ :'( :'(

Cheers for the estimates folks......Hopefully by the time she goes there'll be a bit more on her to bump up the price......

Today the bonnet inside was finished with Grey paint as well as some other areas which were still red......Just the lamps to do now really, gauges may well be sold with the tractor rather than fitted...... :-\ ;) ;)

I think I'm pretty certain I'll be parting company with her though unfortunately...... :-\ :'( :'(

That's a real shame Martin... especially with all the hard work and effort you put into the little lady  :-\

• 4 weeks later...

Well in order to acomplish the following ideas I have taken the decision to part with the Fergie before fixing the lights.......

1) To have my own working tractor which I can use on farms

2) To possibly sit my test in my own tractor

She won't be departing yet but look out for an advert in coming issues of Classic Tractor (definitely before the end of the year) many accessories including a spare new rear mud-guard, the front Butler Style Head-Lamps, Light Switch and Water and Oil Pressure Gauges will be sold along with the tractor.......

I am sad after owning it and doing so much work on it, however times change and more modern machines beckon and I just don't have the money to finance running two tractors....... :'( :'( :'(

tough decision mart , especialy after all the work you put into her , but some one else will put just as much work into it to see her finished

Aye it was tough, but these decisions do have to be made.......They'll really only need to buy it some 2nd hand or new boots and that'll be it done once they fit the lights and gauges....... :);) ;)

Sure she is 75% of the way ;)

Cheers mate.......I would probably say so too....... :);) ;)

Good lad Martin, now go and get a proper tractor...... blue ones are normally a good bet!  :D :D ;)

A blue one coming up in the next few months Jase....... ;D;) ;)

Looking forward the new topics already Martin  ;)

My Ford 3600 restoration update  :-*:-* :-*

Well it may be less of a restoration topic but more like plenty pics of a Fordy 10 Series at work and play....... ;D;) ;)

Because he's daft??  :-\

:D :D :D