Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers lads, it is setting quicker than I thought so I am able to carry on but for now this is far as I will get as i have to go out now.

With the planks cut to size and angle each end try them for size first. If it's ok, put a thick smear of glue (I am using Bostik wood glue) at either end, then run a thin line of it down the top of the previous plank.

:) :) (bit blurred)

post-227-13263852746_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638527463_thumb.jpg

Place your next plank in situ, overlapping the previous like proper weather boarding. I have cut the planks to 5mm wide, they overlap by about 0.5mm (thats a very very small bit!!). Press the ends down on the trusses then with your thumb underneath for support press the planks together with your index finger on the top, all the way along. Lastly, using a sharp point, remove any excess glue.

:) :)

post-227-132638527469_thumb.jpg

Tris are you staining those boards? You may find the stain takes different to where the glue is if you are. Looking good so far :)

Have already learned that on the other sheds, hence the importance of removing any excess. The creosote won't take to it if there is glue there. If it means scratching the surface slightly to get the glue off then you are best doing so very gently.  :)

you could have cheeted a little and used a tin piece of ply behind and only glued the top edg to it and then you wouldn't have had excess glue.

I don't envy you when doing this sort of work  get tediouse don't it

Regards  SMurF

you could have cheeted a little and used a tin piece of ply behind and only glued the top edg to it and then you wouldn't have had excess glue.

I don't envy you when doing this sort of work   get tediouse don't it

Regards   SMurF

Your not joking Smurf!! Got the other end to do yet!! Did wonder about the idea you mentioned but so far it has been quite easy. It certainly would have been cleaner the way you said though I expect yeah.

Your not joking Smurf!! Got the other end to do yet!! Did wonder about the idea you mentioned but so far it has been quite easy. It certainly would have been cleaner the way you said though I expect yeah.

wait till you try yorkshire boarding a whole barn then you'll know what tediuos really is tris,took me 3 day for each of mine,that inc making the boards to

smurf to the rescue ........................................after the event  :D :D :D :D

looking labouriously good mate  :)

i thought they stopped that,well they stopped use re coating our poles as it was dangerous anyway

they did, i'm not sure you can buy it either i've been told :-\ :-\...

although there are loads of telegraph poles near Boston in a timber yard covered in it, you can smell the stuff from miles away

http://www.creosote.co.uk/ - bit of info here