Down at Deere-ests - Leverets Farm

Deere-est

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very good tris mate, how long did it take to get that all draw out?

Did ten minutes at a time over the course of the evening. It don't half make you squint.

Here's how it's done -

Apply even layer of glue (PVA type) to surfaces and leave to dry.

Once dry, rub down any lumps with fine sand paper.

Mix up some Polyfilla to a reasonably thick consistency.

Apply to surfaces with paint scraper or similar untill an even covering is achieved.

With a straight edge (ruler or similar) dip in water and grade across surface in horizontal and verticle directions. Any hollow areas fill in with a thinner mix of.Polyfilla

Repeat grading untill smooth surface is achieved.

Leave to go hard.

When hard mark up either end of roof every 5mm, score lines along roof with scissor point or similar. (nothing to sharp as you want a groove not a cut)

Now the detailing, I used a flat blade tool. Etch in tile edges about 3 - 4 mm apart (mine will be slate type) all the way along staggering the rows so that the first line you do is the same as the third row and the second row is the same as the forth row you do.

Build up ridges with more Plolyfilla once the tiling is all done. Either point it or round it off depending on which ridge tiles you wish to depict.

Leave to go hard.

Etch in the edges as before with a flat blade - do not push into the Polyfilla too hard as it is thick and make break away. Lightly score each edge softly 4 or 5 times. Mine are 5 - 6 mm apart.

Voila and Hey Presto!!

i go away for a week and you do that :o :o :o

looks good Tris.....when mine ::) ::) gets to roof stage i'll send it to you!

Well I thought I better have something decent to show you when you got back buddy!!

OF yeah it's a Ploughmaster 75 mate and I forget who it was that bloody made it for me - 1/32 farmer???

Apologies to the creator  :(

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just got to wait for the ridges to dry before I can file them down to shape. Not sure whether to do pointed ridge tiles or semi-circuler??? What do you think?

Paint is waiting by the wayside to go on aswell!! Excitiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Christ Tris... that looks superb mate... I'll go with pointed as well I think mate.... fantastic that's what it is... I must say... [glow=red,2,300]this forum has spawned some top class modellers of late...[/glow]

I'd echo that statement      And damned good are the results      Pluss they are getting better

I said ages ago that we need farms for our collections and the members buildings have come on leaps and bounds since i joined

And the dioramas from us lot are getting to look more like the ones on the continent and in some cases better

Keep it up and may be in time to come we could get a show together to display some of them    A bit like the circus and train people do at the town and country festival    It would be nice to see them in the flesh so to speak    We have talked about this in the past and we should think about the possibilities of some sort of show in the future

What do you lot think

Cheers lads, I'm going to rub the ridges down just as soon as I have read the Unreads.

I'm with you Smurf, one reason I am making each shed on it's own base board is so that a) it can be packed away and B) it can be moved around - not just to alter the layout but for transport should I move house, take it to a show, etc etc.

As i have said in the past  base boards are the only way forwards

Putting too much on one board is asking for trouble if you ever want to change the layout

Keep it up deere-est and look forwards to seeing more

mine will make a reappearance in the winter as time is limmited this time of year with harvesting and planting  It will all calm down end of octobre/november so will have more time to progress on my house and buildings

Ta Daaa!! Quite tricky actually, filed down with the Dremmel, detailed with the end of a scissor and a flatblade screwdriver. Pain shed is a Hombase own brand - Sactuary - Pebble colour. All it needs now is a splash of dark green from an aerosol for the moss. Don't want to buy a whole can just for a few squirts though. so it will be like this for a while. Timber needs painting now.

I have got some green 'scatter' but it is a bit light really. There are a few things with the shed so far that arn't quite what I wanted but seeing it on the pc now they don't really matter to much to be honest. Cheers for the comments lads.  :) :)