Some Cattle Conversions

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, I made it out of a large block of wood and using a router free hand to carve the ring and steps out.

That was my first time using a router too so it wasn't that hard. Probably harder to get a nice block of wood that size.

These cattle are all britains cattle that I have just converted.

Thanks, You did a great job got any tips?  ::)

It's that long from I did it I can hardly remember. I drew the outline in pencil first, then routered out the deepest parts first. Starting at the front and doing the steps last. Making sure to leave the wall. Which I then used a bit in the Dremel to cut out the slot so the H irons could slot in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed my first attempt at this Longhorn Cow. Happy enough with it for the first effort, could maybe improve the paint colour with a bit more reddish to the brown. Will start on a bull and calf to complete the set.post-2998-0-71092400-1398206007_thumb.jppost-2998-0-55031100-1398206030_thumb.jp

Another set of Shorthorns that I have started and nearly finished, still to finish some small touching up. And start the calf which is the most time consuming need to put a few good hours aside to complete it some time in the next few weeks.post-2998-0-36378500-1398206359_thumb.jppost-2998-0-36368300-1398206396_thumb.jp

Archived