been pondering this one for a while now after the 2640 tests i did with you all,alwauys thought my 3680 looked a little wimpy compared to the ones i have seen so did this to one,now running on a mf6290 chassis with wider rears and the older britains tyres fitted to the standard rims from the 6290,

am hopefully going to fit a front lingake if i can find a nice one for her

but best bit is she now has proper steering so looks a bit better already

post-46-132638523089_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638523098_thumb.jpg

the standards are the same diameter  as these 6290 ones  so i may try them out on it to,if i can gety a set of the older axel versions,might have some,it may just be they are out to far ,so if i cut down the axel and the inner hubs centers they would prob look a lot better,closer to the tractor,i was wondering about that spacing anyway

If you want my ten penneth Sean... as a Fruit & veg wholsealer  :-\ ::)

The rars in the first pic would look the best with a narrower spacing mate - It's the spacing that's out not the wheel size in my humble opinion...

Anyway... I want that one as well now  ;D

looks very good, i dont know that the wheels are set too wide, it is a 180hp tractor at the end of the day and not a sub 100hp run around, you could try taking a couple of millimeters off the inside huh of the wheel (nearest axle) then it may look different. starbrush mounted his on a cergos chassie, it looks good but i think yours takes the edge. is the cab/mudguards plastic?

i like the first pic Sean, it is a pretty big tractor in reality and they are often fitted with whel weights so that something to consider, but it wud lok slightly better if you shortened the axel a little. the second pic looks good though if you were making a 3655  ::) for example as it wud be slightly smaller then the 3680

that looks ok sean , the 6290 wheels not quite right  but don't know why at the moment , what about the siku deutz 210 wheels ? definately worth a shot  at least , or even use the complete chassis ?

the only thing we'll never get right for a 3680 is the bonnet , the britains one is too tall where as the real ones are more square / squat than the 3650/55

its not the size i think mj its more down to the spacing out from the chassis,been doing a bit of chopping arround this eve,and have settled on this version,6290 rears but bought in,and it does look a lot better,and compared to the standard 3680 only 1/2mm higher ,its like civil said the ones i have seen for real are a lot bigger looking than the britains ones,hence my attempt to beef it up,and i think this option has cracked the problem

post-46-132638523439_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638523447_thumb.jpg

top pic is the old spaced rears the bottom the new,and it does bring it all in,i think it was more the spacing than the tyre size that threw me out,came out past the arches to far ,which them made the rears look bigger than the really were,

last pics till the linkage and all finishing jobs are done,

post-46-132638523462_thumb.jpg

post-46-132638523466_thumb.jpg

pleased you tryed my idea of cutting a bit off the wheel stubs/axles, the end product is brilliant, wish i could get mine to look that good, what fronts did u say u used?

its worked a treat sl,the fronts are standard 6290 hubs ,with the older rubber front tyres on them,from the 3680 origonal fronts,the seem to make the tyre look bigger,all the wheels are 6290 ones,i have just cut the gaps out arround the rims,one tip,the standard tyres are very hard rubber,you'll need a screwdriver to remove them,,do this from the inside of each wheel,as the hub is soft plastic and marks easy

Now yer cooking on gas Sean - looks much better like that mate  ;) - what's next with her then  ???

next stage is all the detailing ,full respray in mf red to match the parts,proper mf paint,its cheaper than the stuff i buy already?a front hitch,and thinking about making 1 of the doors open and close like the 2640 if i can,this plastic is a lot softer than the britains cab material

the rear 6290 tyres look good as they're a bit wider than the large brit rubbers but i'm glad to see the fronts are not from the 62 as they're rubbish , well done sean  looks great but i think i'll leave mine as it is  ;)