A MF 1080 custom by a Yank.......

Don't see a lot of MF fans in the States but Mike is one and does nice work too...He gave me permission to show you his recent work and he may even stop over to visit with the other Massey fans here in FTF...

MFstart.jpg

1080progress.jpg

Nice looking convo Pops... it looks like its made from the ertl 175 in 1/16th scale - is it  ???

Can you get him on to answer some questions about USA MF's - that would be great  ;) - and post his collection if he can  :-*:-* :-*

Yawn yawn is it bedtime yet  :D :D :D :D

Seriously thats great work there, i'm surprised across the pond these convos take place  ;)

Well there seem to be a few guys in the State that like MF nothing like over here, the big debate a few months ago was would Jay do a Massey for the anniversary TTT tractor.  The market is not strong and it cost thousands to do a casting for a new tactor....So we are all waiting for the shoe to drop and see if it is going to be a Massey.........

Good grief, another Udi Marky spat..what have I done ::)

Yankie Massey 100 and 1000 series tractors had the lights on the wings and not the front grill  ;)  God Barry don't you know nuffin  ::)

Ooops i am ever so sorry Marky  ;):D and thankyou for filling me in  ;)

Dont worry Rick we love each other really  :-*:-*

Marky that is a 1080 chassie and the 175 Im asking Mike to come over and have a chat with you....

Thanks Rick.... I'd enjoy that very much - tell him it's a cracjing model he's made... and we don't bite on here... especially red fans...

And as for you Scot Model - Isn't it your bedtime yet  :D :D :D

Hello Gentlemen!

I have not yet properly introduced myself, but I felt I needed to jump in here. I see Rick has put a few of my MF pics up so maybe I can answer a few questions.

The 1080 that you see here was an old Ertl casting in 1/16. It was basically the same casting as the 175 but with a cab. What I did do was to add frame rails down the sides that the 1080 had but the 175 did not. I put on larger custom front wheels with 13.6L-16 Firestone tires and made the stock Ertl 1X4 rears into duals.

The Ertl casting did not have a proper exhaust, which I added along with a proper air cleaner/breather on the hood that Ertl "forgot". All these things make for a much better looking MF 1080 than the original Ertl casting.

Look forward to talking to you all

Mike  ;D

Thank you for the welcome Scot! I hope to learn a lot about English Fergies and hopefully I can teach you about "Americanized" versions of the Fergusons.

Mike  ;D

just speak to our massey expert, Marky F, he'll tell you all you need to know....and more  ;D ;D