jmd britains autoway collection

jmd

Good to see the autoway models did not know there were as many in the set until I saw them at Penrith.

As for the model cake club Lynn has got to be Queen!!!!!!!!!  (move over Maw Broon )

cheers kenny no i did'nt realise how many there was until i got them out to display at penrith :)  and then picture them to put on here ;D

• Like 1

I was going to post mine up but you've beaten me to it, lovely collection though. 

Interesting pair of Volvo 2654's, hadn't seen one on normal style wheels before, did that one come with the black decal'd cab?

The boxed set(s) seems to be the hardest to find along with the very early Deutz and Ford with Volvo style wheels, unless these where catalogue versions only!

What ones are you seeking? Have you any road series?

• Like 1

I was going to post mine up but you've beaten me to it, lovely collection though. 

Interesting pair of Volvo 2654's, hadn't seen one on normal style wheels before, did that one come with the black decal'd cab?

The boxed set(s) seems to be the hardest to find along with the very early Deutz and Ford with Volvo style wheels, unless these where catalogue versions only!

Was just about to ask the same question about the Volvo 2654 with the Fiat Hesston style rears!!!!! Never seen one before.  :of

• Like 1

thanks paul i take it you have the autoway collection to it's not somthing you see a lot of.no ive not seen another volvo on the normal style wheels either ive seen the ford 7710 on volvo wheels but not got one. yes it came with the black decal cab  there seems to be a few varients  all black decals, all red decals the one ive got  black cab red bonnet and ive seen red cab black bonnet. ive still a few more pics to put on yet but the one's im seeking are 9887 unimog and pipe transporter 9888 land rover and safety trailor 9889 landrover and lowloader plus any variant or blue inner tray boxes. i do have a few road series but not many did'nt collect them

I have one or two or more  ::) but not all of them.

I won/bought a Deutz with the Volvo wheels, via eBay, all the way from Ireland. When it turned up it was a green one with red Volvo wheels that had been spray painted all over yellow, and obviously painted yellow at that. An honest trader though, who refunded me all monies without a making a song and dance about it when I returned it. I did see a 7710 with Chevrons decals on the bonnet instead of the FORD 7710 decals, as shown in the '84 catalogue.

The black decal'd Volvo's were originally released in the Farm range with a 9590 cat. number, so I don't suppose many came out in an Autoway box although shown in the '84 catalogue. 

With regards 9887, 9888 and 9889 I don't have any of them  :-[ ..................... yet  8)

It's not the same colour yellow as the BT LR is it?

What's the significance of the blue inner trays?

• Like 2

I have one or two or more  ::) but not all of them.

I won/bought a Deutz with the Volvo wheels, via eBay, all the way from Ireland. When it turned up it was a green one with red Volvo wheels that had been spray painted all over yellow, and obviously painted yellow at that. An honest trader though, who refunded me all monies without a making a song and dance about it when I returned it. I did see a 7710 with Chevrons decals on the bonnet instead of the FORD 7710 decals, as shown in the '84 catalogue.

The black decal'd Volvo's were originally released in the Farm range with a 9590 cat. number, so I don't suppose many came out in an Autoway box although shown in the '84 catalogue. 

With regards 9887, 9888 and 9889 I don't have any of them  :-[ ..................... yet  8)

It's not the same colour yellow as the BT LR is it?

What's the significance of the blue inner trays?

never seen a deutz on volvo wheels but ive seen the ford 7710 with chevron decals on volvo wheels in the 7710 rainbow box.

The volvo was in the 84/85 catalogue with black decals never in with red so not sure when the change came about discontinued in 86

what's not the same colour as BT LR ?

Not quite sure of the significance of the blue inner trays but my guess is it was somthing to do with the realese of the road series as everything with a blue inner tray came out in the road series apart from deutz and dump trailor.I've got cement truck in orange' dynapac roller mine's yellow but i've also seen it in orange' petrol tanker' i've also seen winget dumper and cement mixer and land rover and safety trailor with blue inner tray's. That's my guess anyway unless anyone else can shed any light

You could still post your's up paul it would be good to see some more autoway collection's ;D

• Like 1

That is a great collection you have there, like a few have already said did dnt realise there were that many in the auto way series, I also have the roller myself and do you or anyone else know what the tab does that can be pushed side to side behind the cab as it seems to do nothing on mine, don't know whether mine is broken or not?

• Like 1

That is a great collection you have there, like a few have already said did dnt realise there were that many in the auto way series, I also have the roller myself and do you or anyone else know what the tab does that can be pushed side to side behind the cab as it seems to do nothing on mine, don't know whether mine is broken or not?

Cheer's Jorden i think the tab behind the cab is for the click click engine noise bit like some of the tractors not sure if mine work never tried them ::)

what's not the same colour as BT LR ?

Sorry, was a question as to whether the BT Land Rover was the same colour yellow or not.

Love the box set, a hard one to find. I know, eBay now!

Some of mine. Deutz Dx110 with replacement cab on cardboard cube

IMG_20080213_2127.jpg

IMG_20080213_2129.jpg

Cube, as obtained

IMG_20080213_2134.jpg

Shelf edger with roller

IMG_20110309_9836.jpg

Poster

IMG_20110309_9854.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, was a question as to whether the BT Land Rover was the same colour yellow or not.

Love the box set, a hard one to find. I know, eBay now!

Some of mine. Deutz Dx110 with replacement cab on cardboard cube

IMG_20080213_2127.jpg

IMG_20080213_2129.jpg

Cube, as obtained

IMG_20080213_2134.jpg

Shelf edger with roller

IMG_20110309_9836.jpg

Poster

IMG_20110309_9854.jpg

Hi paul not to sure about the BT LR colour not got one :-[ ----yet >:D

notice your deutz has black decals and it looks  a deeper yellow is it?

I'm liking your cube' shelf edger and poster i'll have to look out for them although not seen shelf edger before are they quite rare?

Hi paul not to sure about the BT LR colour not got one :-[ ----yet >:D

notice your deutz has black decals and it looks  a deeper yellow is it?

I'm liking your cube' shelf edger and poster i'll have to look out for them although not seen shelf edger before are they quite rare?

I have a spare one, without the hardtop though  :-[ BT LR's do appear on eBay quite often(ish)

Yep a little darker but not much in it.

Only ones I've seen are the ones I have. There is also a cardboard shop display stand out there somewhere, not found one yet

• Like 1

I have a spare one, without the hardtop though  :-[ BT LR's do appear on eBay quite often(ish)

Yep a little darker but not much in it.

Only ones I've seen are the ones I have. There is also a cardboard shop display stand out there somewhere, not found one yet

yes i've been looking on eBay could do with one for a display ;)

Had a look in my catalogue's and noticed the deutz had black decals when first released in the autoway range in 84 then changed to red after that so your's must be an early one ::) thats another for me to look out for ;D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A recent purchase. I'e seen one of these before somewhere, as the box art/picture is ringing a very feint bell, but cannot remember where  ::)

IMG_4711.jpg

It's not listed anywhere as far as I can tell although it does have some numbers on the box and sleeve. Maybe it was put together for a shop chain a bit like the boots playbase?

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

The packaging is all original,as far as the seller could tell. I think it's incomplete as there is not enough to hold all objects securely.

IMG_4715.jpg

There appears to be too many men with spades and not enough with stop/go signs and no cones, easily sorted though.

IMG_4718.jpg

• Like 3

Paul, I seem to remember someone I used to work with had that set, along with an autoway 7710 which I bought off him. I'm sure he said that the set came from Argos many years ago. I should have bought the set as well rally.

A recent purchase. I'e seen one of these before somewhere, as the box art/picture is ringing a very feint bell, but cannot remember where  ::)

IMG_4711.jpg

It's not listed anywhere as far as I can tell although it does have some numbers on the box and sleeve. Maybe it was put together for a shop chain a bit like the boots playbase?

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

The packaging is all original,as far as the seller could tell. I think it's incomplete as there is not enough to hold all objects securely.

IMG_4715.jpg

There appears to be too many men with spades and not enough with stop/go signs and no cones, easily sorted though.

IMG_4718.jpg

hi paul nice set that O0  saw it on ebay but a bit much for me. :-  I saw one last on the nils ficsher sale on vectis and that made £500 i think so u got it cheap :)  not sure who they were put together for though ???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...