jmd britains autoway collection

jmd

cheers paul aye one i not got the tractor is mint but the box is not the best but it will do for now :)

Good way of looking at it that way John... You fill a gap in the collection until you find a better boxed example.... then selling the 1st one helps fund the purchase of another ;)....... sounds as though your collection could become almost self funding......apart from the expensive gift sets :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

got this last week at leamington its a series 3 landrover in correct box but the insert is for the later 90 landrover and also comes with rope and winch in bag but the series 3 didn't come with winch

045_zpsd69934ca.jpg

044_zps0ce92f50.jpg

Edited by jmd

• 2 weeks later...

got this the other day to replace the one I already got nicer box and I noticed it is a slightly lighter yellow and its not got lugs on the back top edge of blade so will keep both now:)

009_zps3e84ab18.jpg

011_zps867766e4.jpg

012_zps89707f2a.jpg

• 1 month later...

got this the other day to replace the one I already got nicer box and I noticed it is a slightly lighter yellow and its not got lugs on the back top edge of blade so will keep both now:)

009_zps3e84ab18.jpg

011_zps867766e4.jpg

012_zps89707f2a.jpg

Yes I would be the same John...typical Britain's loads of variations out there 8)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

you have a great collection of autoway they are mainly what is started collecting but you have the Volvo gift set which I would love to have. Also you auto cube is cool a nice part to any collection.

• Like 1

you have a great collection of autoway they are mainly what is started collecting but you have the Volvo gift set which I would love to have. Also you auto cube is cool a nice part to any collection.

cheers autoway thanks for the comments :) unfortunatly the volvo gift set and the cube are not mine :-[ they belong to super6 i am still on the lookout for them ;)  have you any different models to what ive got

no I think you have much the same as what I have just need the Volvo gift set and would like a cube, I have over 1000 autoway models but most are duplicates so I moved on to the road series models .but its great to see some one else who collects them.I am just in middle of making some autoway convertions so when they are built I will pop some photos on.

• Like 1

last few pics

085_zps2d8ea5f3.jpg

086_zps39cbfac5.jpg

Just looking through this thread catching up on the recent activity and happened to look at the label on this box set which states "This Special Autoway Set" and also "compressor not included" although it appears to have been included from the off! Another set to seek out  ::) Does it have any more  numbers on the box appart from the two shown on the front? Also looking at the box art the Land Rover has the yellow truck cab as depicted on the LR from set 9891 as shown in the 1989 catalogue. I suspect that your LR came with a black truck cab as it has a black tail gate.

• Like 2

I have 3 of these sets all seem to be the same numbers all have the compressor and all the land rovers have black roofs with black tail gates. I have never seen a landrover with the yellow roof but hope to find one some day

no I think you have much the same as what I have just need the Volvo gift set and would like a cube, I have over 1000 autoway models but most are duplicates so I moved on to the road series models .but its great to see some one else who collects them.I am just in middle of making some autoway convertions so when they are built I will pop some photos on.

wow sounds like you have some collection there :) yes your right it is good to see someone else collecting them ;) do you sell any i need sets 9888 and 9889 pm me if you have duplicates that you might sell

Just looking through this thread catching up on the recent activity and happened to look at the label on this box set which states "This Special Autoway Set" and also "compressor not included" although it appears to have been included from the off! Another set to seek out  ::) Does it have any more  numbers on the box appart from the two shown on the front? Also looking at the box art the Land Rover has the yellow truck cab as depicted on the LR from set 9891 as shown in the 1989 catalogue. I suspect that your LR came with a black truck cab as it has a black tail gate.

paul there is more numbers on the box one end has 9891 the other end has a sticker with R4478G autoway maintenence set M289 the number on the lid ends in R instead of G i will put some pics on soon the landrover possibly has the black top missing thats how i bought it

I have 3 of these sets all seem to be the same numbers all have the compressor and all the land rovers have black roofs with black tail gates. I have never seen a landrover with the yellow roof but hope to find one some day

All boxed? Pictures please to include any box labels/numbers/markings.

A yellow truck cabbed LR would be a nice find, I reckon only as a pre production model though! The hardtop was available in yellow on the BT LR, not to sure if the same shade of yellow though.

wow sounds like you have some collection there :) yes your right it is good to see someone else collecting them ;) do you sell any i need sets 9888 and 9889 pm me if you have duplicates that you might sell

9888 came my way recently, LR has a black hard top and tail gate. I'll post pictures 

paul there is more numbers on the box one end has 9891 the other end has a sticker with R4478G autoway maintenence set M289 the number on the lid ends in R instead of G i will put some pics on soon the landrover possibly has the black top missing thats how i bought it

Look forward to those John, another un-catalogued variation

Yes they are all boxed but the same as pictured above just with the black roofs all have the black sticker on the front but all have the compressor.bt landrover is a different colour the roof is darker, yes I would think you are right more then likely pre production models with yellow roofs

sorry my mistake I don't have 9889 boxed I hadn't noticed it in the catalogue its one I need well one more to hunt for and only have the 2 versions of 9888 no spares I have put some photos of the 2 I have they are boxed but are on display.

post-1857-0-06562300-1400517556_thumb.jp

sorry my mistake I don't have 9889 boxed I hadn't noticed it in the catalogue its one I need well one more to hunt for and only have the 2 versions of 9888 no spares I have put some photos of the 2 I have they are boxed but are on display.

thats another version of 9888 i need to look out for :)

Interesting labels, perhaps produced for a chain store, going by the description on pic. 2 label?

A few pictures of 9888

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

Last one, I hope you don't mind this being posted here? A Road Series Unimog with Autoway Pipe Trailer, as bought

IMG_4988.jpg

• Like 1

Its great to see picture of the unimog Box looks mint to. I a have been hunting for years for one of those in its box have a unboxed one but not boxed. have you got a lot of road series in your collection?