Massey Ferguson 175 Project - Finished (Almost)

Hello again from the Colonies!  ::)

I just wanted to share a couple of pics of the completed MF 175 that I have been working on. Pops Rick showed it while it was under construction - here is the fininshed product hitched up to my old International disk.

Mike  ;D

:o Fantastic or what  :o :o

Those front wheels really set it off... and the exhaust as well - what a fine convo. that has been.... You might like to know Mike that the 100 series in the UK has the lights mounted on the front grill so an American 100 series looks somewhat strange to us over here  ::)

:o Fantastic or what  :o :o

Those front wheels really set it off... and the exhaust as well - what a fine convo. that has been.... You might like to know Mike that the 100  series in the UK has the lights mounted on the front grill so an American 100 series looks somewhat strange to us over here  ::)

And I was just trying to work out what didn't look right about it!

Very nice convo, Marky will want one of those!

Super nice job Mike, and many many thanks for sharing it with FTF :)

Yes ditto that Mike as well... I forget my manners sometimes (when I get super excited.. sorry) - Many thanks and please keep posting on here mate - it's GREAT to have a fellow massey fan from over the pond on here  ;)

Thank you indeed gentlemen for your kind words!  ;) This is my second Fergie and my third custom (oops!, I mean convo) and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. The MF fans are a little thin over here too so I'm always happy to share my projects with anyone who cares about Fergies :D :D

...the 100 series in the UK has the lights mounted on the front grill so an American 100 series looks somewhat strange to us over here...

Yes indeed Markey, and the UK version looks strange to me! Isn't it funny how something as simple as the headlight positioning is different. Why do you think that is Marky? Does it have to do with UK traffic laws? ???

Anyway, thanks again guys for putting up with me and I hope to have more for you in the future!  ;)

Mike  ;D

We have lights coz we do more work than you guys!!!  :D :D :D :D

Fantastic machine you've made yourself RG, the vintage implement really sets the scene. What are the other conversions you have done then, will we be seeing them soon too? Marky and Ben are going to be big fans of your work me thinks, so too will the majority of the members here colour wars aside. A great model is a great model, regardless of colour. Nice work.  :) :)

Thank you indeed gentlemen for your kind words!  ;) This is my second Fergie and my third custom (oops!, I mean convo) and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. The MF fans are a little thin over here too so I'm always happy to share my projects with anyone who cares about Fergies :D :D

Yes indeed Markey' date=' and the UK version looks strange to me! Isn't it funny how something as simple as the headlight positioning is different. Why do you think that is Marky? Does it have to do with UK traffic laws? ???

Anyway, thanks again guys for putting up with me and I hope to have more for you in the future!  ;)

Mike  ;D

[/quote']Yes Mike... it was USA regualtions that state that road lights had to be a certain distance apart and the bonnet wasn't wide enough - I think some French models had the lights mounted on the outside edges of the grill - now that did look wierd  ::)