Farm Journal -Cider Hill Farms

CCF

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking read Tim... keep it up mate - that last set of pics was fantastic... and there is nothing I like to see more than an old JQ in the grave yard  ;D

Ummm... few more red would be great...

Oh yeah... and I love that Cat 360 as well - who makes that - what a nice piece of kit  :o

Very good pics  ;)

I like the shots of the 'Cat'....very realistic  :)

Cheers jdc! :)

Cracking read Tim... keep it up mate - that last set of pics was fantastic... and there is nothing I like to see more than an old JQ in the grave yard  ;D

Ummm... few more red would be great...

Oh yeah... and I love that Cat 360 as well - who makes that - what a nice piece of kit  :o

Working on the red! :)

The Cat excavator is made by Bruder. 16th scale plastic, quite cheap for a toy of it's size. Usually retails for around $40-50 usd. :)

Thought you all would like that JQ graveyard! :D

Cheers jdc! :)

Working on the red! :)

The Cat excavator is made by Bruder. 16th scale plastic, quite cheap for a toy of it's size. Usually retails for around $40-50 usd. :)

Thought you all would like that JQ graveyard! :D

Well what red then Tim....  ???::)

I like Bruder stuff mate... really first class for plastic models  ;)

Well what red then Tim....  ???::)

I like Bruder stuff mate... really first class for plastic models  ;)

Still deciding mate. Can't decide which JQ to send to the graveyard in place of a MF! ;D

Open to suggestions! :D :D :D

All of em  :D :D :D :D :D :D - 1 Massey is worth 20 JQ's  ;)

~Shake head~ ::) ::)::)

Seriously mate, unless I get some more ground to beat the crud out of setting up these things, I don't know if there are gonna be any more tractors for a while. Seems a bit overkill at the mo., do you think? ???

~Shake head~ ::) ::)::)

Seriously mate, unless I get some more ground to beat the crud out of setting up these things, I don't know if there are gonna be any more tractors for a while. Seems a bit overkill at the mo., do you think? ???

You can never have enough tractors Tim mate .... Plus every pic I see looks different to me as well... you may know how much space you have on your farm.. but so far every pics looks like a fresh one to me mate - go on spoil yourself  ;)

You can never have enough tractors Tim mate .... Plus every pic I see looks different to me as well... you may know how much space you have on your farm.. but so far every pics looks like a fresh one to me mate - go on spoil yourself  ;)

Aye allright, i'll keep an eye out for that 3630 then!  ;)

Just a note, the next journal may be a little late, as rainy weather is in the forecast up until Monday. Hopefully I can get a break in the clouds, and enough time to get some quick shots sometime soon. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

FARM JOURNAL #4

Weather has been slowing down farm work the past week. We have received a full week of wet, cold, and rainy weather. Allthough some farm chores were not able to be performed with the weather, we were able to plant  half of the main field today while the rain held out. Farm employees are being payed "Time And A Half" per hour for working on the farm during rainy weather. Here's what we have been up to, unfortunately some of the pictures did not come out as good as usual, as I was taking pictures in a hurry before the rain picked up, aswell as a low camera battery pictures:

Disking up the new field with the IH 560 & JD disk. Because the field is new, is has been tilled several times to mix in more of the topsoil. we will be planting this field next week:

113-1327_IMG.jpg

113-1329_IMG.jpg

A farm employee is driving around the farm with a skidsteer to pick up rocks of noticable size off the roads. This routine has to be performed after each heavy rain shower, as the dirt used for roads has quite a few rocks mixed in:

113-1330_IMG.jpg

We were quite satisfied to see the pond full of water after the rain let up for a short period of time. Now that the Dirt in the pond is wet, it will be easier to finish digging it:

113-1331_IMG.jpg

113-1332_IMG.jpg

Had a little fun with the photoshop on this photo:

113-1332_IMG2.jpg

Structures lying close to the ground are always a problem around here when rain comes by. The fuel tanks will need to be washed off after the rain is over:

113-1333_IMG.jpg

Plantin' the main field with the John Deere 4620 and John Deere 1700:

113-1324_IMG.jpg

Tinkered around a little with the above photo in photoshop aswell:

113-1324_IMG2.jpg

Gettin' R' Done:

113-1325_IMG.jpg

113-1326_IMG.jpg

113-1334_IMG.jpg

113-1335_IMG.jpg

So far, the planter has worked like a treat. We have finished 1/2 of the main field, and are quite satisfied with it's performance:

113-1336_IMG.jpg

Hate to say it, but that's all for this week folks! Next week's journal will cover the rest of the planting, and some pond work.

Brilliant Beetie old chap... I really enjoyed that (as always) - Great to have the pics as the dialogue as well - I found my mind wanerding off to your farm picking up rocks in the skid steer... and pushing Barry in the pond  ;D

Top job mate... cant wait for the next installment... especially as it involves digging in the pond  ;D

Many thanks for posting mate - I really enjoy this post... Still be better with a few reds though  ;):D :D :D

Brilliant Beetie old chap... I really enjoyed that (as always) - Great to have the pics as the dialogue as well - I found my mind wanerding off to your farm picking up rocks in the skid steer... and pushing Barry in the pond  ;D

Top job mate... cant wait for the next installment... especially as it involves digging in the pond  ;D

Many thanks for posting mate - I really enjoy this post... Still be better with a few reds though  ;):D :D :D

Thanks Marky, them reds will be coming some time or other to the farm! You know what they say though, "All good things come to he who waits"! ;D

A good read as always!

Thanks, F-P! :)

yep, great work Tim, keep it updated please! :) :)

Will do Ben, thanks! :)

Excellent pics again Tim.........we are still having this miserable rainy weather here too, supposed to carry on till Tuesday :(

Thanks, TBF! Sounds like yer gona get out of the rainy weather before I do, forecast says chance of rain/rain showers until next Friday. :(

MUDDING AT CIDER HILL FARMS:

Took out a few JQ's to Cider Hill pond, as the flooding had filled the pond completely.Apologies for the poor pictures, they did not come out that great this time.

Going up a pile:

113-1367_IMG.jpg

113-1368_IMG.jpg

Time to start Braking!:

113-1369_IMG.jpg

OOPS!:

113-1370_IMG.jpg

113-1371_IMG.jpg

Coming to rescue the John Deere 4620 with the John Deere 9420T:

113-1372_IMG.jpg

113-1373_IMG.jpg

113-1374_IMG.jpg