What's Your Latest Farm/Construction Buy for 2015?

Gav836

The new Fendt 724 Vario S4 (2015 edition) from Universal Hobbies finally decided to turn up today! It is a very nice model and for once I can't pick many holes in it, despite it being from Mr. UH.

As a comparison I have put it side by side with the older Schuco 724. I have the first gen. model in the uncorrect grey. Later ones look better. So which is best? It doesn't really matter it turns out IMO. They both have their good and bad points.

UH 724           Schuco 724

2 beacons      1 beacon

Better colour   Wider wheels

Nicer interiour Nicer linkage arms

Nicer back end Nicer no. plate

Proper lights

Better mirrors (smaller)

Bonnet more sturdy

Sadly the UH doesn't have opening doors or a rear window and the front hitch doesn't move with me, but it does come with a top link. The lift arms on both the front and rear on Schuco's effort are much nicer.

We will just have to wait for Wikings version ;D

one thing i have noticed Niels is the uh has square work lights,where as the real deal has round ones,which schuco have got right,mind you it might be that the work lights are round in the uk

post-1769-0-49642400-1429135631_thumb.jp

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schuco rear links are next to useless!!  UH much more effective,but a little crude....................The UH cab looks a  bit narrow to me in comparison to the schuco.

I prefer my Schuco version, which I corrected the various light grey parts with a few shades of grey ::)......................I must put a more recent picture of it up as I changed the  rear wheels with a 820 models.   That was because most of the new 700 Fendts round here run on R42 rears not R38s and look better for it I think.

I would think the best 724 buy now would be the "revised" Schuco 724 which had corrected a lot of the original models short comings.

Phil,any chance of a picture of your revised schuco 724? would like to see it

Purchased two of the Mason Attic laser cut sheds a two bay double door barn and a 3 bay tractor shed. Ordered Monday night arrived here this morning incredibly well packed, glued them together and have to say there a great idea and will certainly be buying a few more when I have the room. Will stick some photos up of the build tomorrow. Great quick customer service too.

I have picked up tonight from MARTYNS FARM MODELS

Britains slurry tanker roadside

Replicagri Claas markant 65 baler

U/H Ford 6610 gen ii 4wd

All come from MARTYNS FARM MODELS

Will post pictures in Smithys collection

(martyn said I get commission the more times I print his name )

Who's name smithy ;)

Fresh off the Parcelforce van this morning from Germany,

M%20A%20N%206re_zpsxahzb5qi.jpg

M%20A%20N%205re_zps4iyotqy1.jpg

M%20A%20N%204re_zps54znfsvc.jpg

M%20A%20N%203re_zpsugsanvh7.jpg

M%20A%20N%202re_zpstaplqqzp.jpg

M%20A%20N%201re_zpsnvkwmqnr.jpg

I just hope Schuco have plans for more truck models as this M A N is a very good solid model,mostly all diecast.

Regards

Joe.

Did you get a second chance offer on the Marge Fords Martin?

I did on the 76 mate. The tw is from the same bloke but I must have bid it to what he wanted for it! Have you dealt with him?

Archived