2015 FTF / Model Farmer Tractor

Andy

14 hours ago, fred said:

It's a shame that a Ford with an LP cab came out on top as there are plenty of Ford models around and a cab is just a simple modification.

I was hoping it might be a Marshall which could have been used for models of Leylands and Nuffields?

Its 3 Cyl Ford & they ain't none in 1/32...yes plenty of 6cyl & 4cyl Fords .. But the 3 cyl  from the 2000 right up to the 4630 is not available off the shelf...and the 4000 is one of the best selling tractors of all time....

I agree with Justin. I'd have thought a model of a 3cyl ford would sell the best out of any of the options we were given, but I am biased! although i would have bought the Marshall if it was made. A 4630 would make a nice conversion Justin. I might have to look into that one when the model arrives. 

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

I agree with Justin. I'd have thought a model of a 3cyl ford would sell the best out of any of the options we were given, but I am biased! although i would have bought the Marshall if it was made. A 4630 would make a nice conversion Justin. I might have to look into that one when the model arrives. t..

Im the same Martin.. Be it the MF or the Marshall..I would still have bought one also ..Any  familiar classic is welcome in my collection.. But ive been craving for a 3cyl Ford with so LOOOOOOONG !! And 4000,4600 or 4610 would be right up my ally... Fair enough you could get one done by Martins Farm models ,D Marshall or DBP.. But at a wee bit of expense .. Would just like to see a mass produced one from Marge, ROS or even Britains at this stage...;D

Well I know what's going to be made , and it's in discussion with the factory as I type, but once it's all sorted I am sure andy will let you all know what and when it's available, bear in mind though it's not just a case of finding the factory , you also need to allow time for mould making, and the biggest one is a time/production slot in the factory to actually make it . These companies deal with no end of people and are fully booked so your in their hands so to speak 

• 5 months later...

Is this going to be another one off those (IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ) topics .. and left dead in the water !!! I dont what to sound blunt. But whats going on ?? Is it now a no goer ? 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Not that I last heard from Andy Justin , there were a few issues with some of the parts , but the road to the model was underway , sure when Andy comes

on he will tell more , if he can at this stage .

Sure thing. Just fingers crossed it's still in the pipeline and not forgotten hopefully. 

He was certainly under way when we spoke at zwolle on the Saturday eve , not sure how long it takes to make this sort of thing, but the company he was using was concerned about one or two parts on it and wastage in making them 

• 7 months later...

andy had , last i heard , and spoken to him to, gone a fair way with a new tractor, and i do know what, however i suspect given current market and the world  financial situation , it could be harder to bring to fruition , one of his and the makers biggest concerns was the cab which could have involved a fair wastage in the production stages due to its fine structure  ,in turn pushing the costs up ,which can only be passed onto us the buyers 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

How times change wish I kept my 6600 ftf tractor from Britain's also wished I purchased a Dave towse ford 7000 ftf I miss the ftf models progress isn't a good idea some times but I'm glad we still have farmtoysforum hope the old crew and new crew are keeping well and look in here from time to time

2 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

How times change wish I kept my 6600 ftf tractor from Britain's also wished I purchased a Dave towse ford 7000 ftf I miss the ftf models progress isn't a good idea some times but I'm glad we still have farmtoysforum hope the old crew and new crew are keeping well and look in here from time to time

It's easy make one. It's not original, but it's not far off ether.

Screenshot_20201015-130723.png

3 hours ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Some of us oldies are still here, me and Sean are still clinging on as per this photo, you can't get rid of us that easily

315px-StatlerandWaldorf(2).jpg

i think the days of bits like this are prob long gone now, unless you have plenty of cash, i know it was mentioned in the past when approached a lot of companies like siku and britains and uh , had upped their minimum run numbers to high runs for limted stuff like we used to do, sure i heard the number 3000 minimum mentioned, thats a fair few to shift, double what used to be deemed limited edition. unless it was an adaptation of a current model they made  it wasnt a simple thing to do anymore either as you paid all the moulding costs ect then as well .the markets flooded with tractors anyway, i would much prefer to see limited runs of implements to be honest, especially older stuff , 1500 mf 124 balers, or 1500 kidd spreaders, the key is to make something that sold euro wide though, to make it sell and cost in , so that list would be small i think.

I have to agree on that Sean, a limited edition nowadays is at least 2.000 pieces with the larger manufacturers. Or you would have to get a custom builders to alter 250 models for you, but that will not be easy as well.

Archived