JCB 4220 Spray painted convo

The front link does work to a degree, and ive eased it at the bottom with a hacksaw and file to allow for another few mms of travel.........................the forks are not far enough apart to allow for normal  attachments, but by changing the top link to a longer one I should be able to attach an adapted front weight onto it:)

I see PMA are doing front link kits that could be modified to fit this fastrac , presumably they would fit to UH etc front attachments.....................I will leave it to somebody else to do that conversion!

The paint job is good, and totally transforms the model, however its not up to convos standards................its good enough for this Britains model though and JCB yellow is such a striking colour it diverts the eye from the models lack of refinement::)

I sprayed the roof and bonnet with the buff coloured basecoat first and removed the front wheels to do them..............the rear wheels just wouldn't come off and I was getting close to breaking something:-..............so they got sprayed whilst still on.................the cab back panels are already sprayed so they didn't need touching.

The roof would come off, but its screwed from inside the cab and the rear wheels have to come off to allow for the total strip down of the model to take place.

jcb model part 2 005.JPG

jcb model part 2 001.JPG

jcb model part 2 006.JPG

JCB model 011.JPG

like the new front link,not sure about the bonnet though Phil,all the crispness of the black lines against  the yellow,has gone, i suppose its hard to mask off really well,especially the black grills,but you say you are happy and thats all that counts,but you are allways so very very fussy,not having a go Phil,i just wouldnt have attempted it,my back wheels were difficult,but they did pull apart in the end

Yes its good enough for now Paul,.............. Im sure convo could do a neater paint job and I could see it being a very popular seller for him if he did spray some.  However you only really notice a lack of sharpness when you get up real close to it................... otherwise from a couple of feet away it looks pretty decent, and until the likes of Wiking or ROS get to make one my Britains one will have to do:)

You should have a go at one Paul ...............................as far as farm models go it must be one of the easier ones to paint because the yellow parts are relatively straight forward to get at and mask off unlike any other model I own, .................and as you can see from my pics JCB yellow really enhances the models overall look.

You do have to be very patient with it though with regard to adding additional coats etc..................I may have another go at one some time next year.

Anyway I will add more pics as I finish the project.

7 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Yes its good enough for now Paul,.............. Im sure convo could do a neater paint job and I could see it being a very popular seller for him if he did spray some.  However you only really notice a lack of sharpness when you get up real close to it................... otherwise from a couple of feet away it looks pretty decent, and until the likes of Wiking or ROS get to make one my Britains one will have to do:)

You should have a go at one Paul ...............................as far as farm models go it must be one of the easier ones to paint because the yellow parts are relatively straight forward to get at and mask off unlike any other model I own, .................and as you can see from my pics JCB yellow really enhances the models overall look.

You do have to be very patient with it though with regard to adding additional coats etc..................I may have another go at one some time next year.

Anyway I will add more pics as I finish the project.

you spraying it Phil has definately lost the plasticky look,as for me spraying one,no i dont think so,i will dull my  two 4220's by weathering,far easier;)

Archived