John Deere 2030 Duncan Cab

33 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Looking tidy to so far, are you sticking with the rear Celtics wheel on it ?? Or still looking for something similar to your pic at the start. 

Thank you

No, the Celtis wheels were to give idea of diameter which are the same as my chosen wheel, which will be the replicagri RENAULT 751, it looks very close to the Deere item. Just the fronts to find plus the suitable axle, of which there have already been a few suggestions 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I think the replicagri inter 845 looks like a good donor axle, does anyone have an unboxed or damaged model with a good front axle? The britains one is a bit lumpy especially with a smaller wheel fitted.

wheel wise it's not quite right but I really can't find anything similar

comments welcomed, it's all that's holding me back now, before the paint stage.

• 3 weeks later...

That's pretty spot on to your pic now, will you refit the original front hubs? Or make a new full wheel flat disc for it to hide the screw  on the front axel, what are you doing with the left over replicagri ?? Sure someone could find a use for it? I could see a potential use for me already , but would never get round to it :-[;D

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

That's pretty spot on to your pic now, will you refit the original front hubs? Or make a new full wheel flat disc for it to hide the screw  on the front axel, what are you doing with the left over replicagri ?? Sure someone could find a use for it? I could see a potential use for me already , but would never get round to it :-[;D

Thanks tractorman, at the moment  I'm going to leave the hubs off. They are actually not a million miles away from the real thing l think I will struggle to find anything closer. Making a flat disk, I think I'd struggle to pull off well enough. I may at this stage just fill the screws, the look will not be a million miles off I hope and I can always change at a later date if needs be.

as for the inter, nothing planned with it at the moment !! 

• 4 months later...

Been a while, but short on time. Finished painting and now offered up for rough fitting, seems all roughly ok, not a masterpiece but I hope you can tell what it is. 

Would like to glaze the cab, will never look wonderful as pillars so thick being white metal. 

Hopefully be updated with finished article in a slightly shorter time frame!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well just managed to steal a rare couple of hours, ok not much to see but cab now glazed and stickers on. I will have another go at the front one, they are tricky to cut! 

Not too far to go now, biggest headache will be rear window which I thought fitted fine prior to painting, it certainly doesn't now 

few errors and inaccuracies but you get the idea. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived