My (mostly) Britains Collection

CMB

I can't find my original topic, and anyway my hoard has undergone a number of changes anyway. I don't have room to show it in one go anymore, but I recently got a display cabinet so I decided to fill it to help regain some floor space!

DSC00398a_.jpg

DSC00400_.JPG

DSC00404_.JPG

DSC00409_.JPG

DSC00410_.JPG

DSC00412_.JPG

DSC00414a.jpg

DSC00416_.JPG

DSC00418_.JPG

DSC00419_.JPG

DSC00420.JPG

DSC00421_.JPG

DSC00423_.JPG

DSC00424_.JPG

DSC00425.JPG

DSC00428_.JPG

11 minutes ago, CMB said:

I can't find my original topic, and anyway my hoard has undergone a number of changes anyway. I don't have room to show it in one go anymore, but I recently got a display cabinet so I decided to fill it to help regain some floor space!

DSC00398a_.jpg

DSC00400_.JPG

DSC00404_.JPG

DSC00409_.JPG

DSC00410_.JPG

DSC00412_.JPG

DSC00414a.jpg

DSC00416_.JPG

DSC00418_.JPG

DSC00419_.JPG

DSC00420.JPG

DSC00421_.JPG

DSC00423_.JPG

DSC00424_.JPG

DSC00425.JPG

DSC00428_.JPG

Nice collection Chris is that Smithy sitting on the Major.

33 minutes ago, robbo said:

Nice display Chris, I use the IKEA Billy bookcases myself as display cabinets

This one only cost me £30 Mike (though it was a pain getting it into my living room!)

13 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Interesting version of the Bauer  tanker, I have a yellow tanked one, but the pipe work is red like a standard one ?  100% happy the decals is original to the tank to, so not a conversion .cant say you see many of them like yours or mine 

I think this is from a rare version of the MF 2680/Bauer (#9605) set Sean. I've also seen them in Bauer boxes on their own, but no idea if they were originally sold like this. The pipes are black like the Autoway version.

12 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice collection Chris, always good to see collections of old Britain's, many happy memories from my days as a carpet farmer ;)

Thanks Paul! I even remember taking some of my childhood Britains out into the garden to play with 2 friends next door. I recall having the green MB trac and being Jealous of my friend's two white ones, which were muck spreading with mine.

11 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Lovely collection you have there nice to get them into a display cabinet as well some off them old britains are nice .

Cheers Cyril, you've got some collection yourself!

Recent purchases here in Wales (despite telling myself I'd stopped collecting!). The reversible KV plough is alright but I do prefer the metallic boards of the old 8 furrow, despite this adding significantly to the weight. In fact both of the versions I have have broken somewhere along their length!

3040_.JPG

6125R, 3040..._.JPG

KV.JPG

As has been mentioned in another topic, the front and rear axles are not in alignment on the 6616. I'd be more tempted to fit a longer front axle though instead of bringing the rear one in. 

I don't know why Britains stopped short of putting detail on the back of the 6616 as it would have finished it off nicely. In-cab details are up to the level of the two Deeres though.

On balance I prefer the loader on the Massey to the JD, although I wish they'd made the attachments from metal as with the Deere because the shovel  is miss-shapen and too easily slips off

.3040, 6125r, 6616_.JPG

3040, 6125r, 6616..JPG

6125r, 6616...JPG

6616............._.JPG

i said in a different topic Chris about the 6616 with loader,what i do find infuriating is the loader on the britains 6480 has decals on the loader and not on this one,but also on the 6480 the loader has silver rivetts,but black on the 6616,between the 2 loaders they got it right,but it does look a good cause for a bit of pimping from me,thanks for posting up,and your right about the masseys track width,rear looks fine,looks like the front width needs bringing out

1 hour ago, paulali said:

i said in a different topic Chris about the 6616 with loader,what i do find infuriating is the loader on the britains 6480 has decals on the loader and not on this one,but also on the 6480 the loader has silver rivetts,but black on the 6616,between the 2 loaders they got it right,but it does look a good cause for a bit of pimping from me,thanks for posting up,and your right about the masseys track width,rear looks fine,looks like the front width needs bringing out

I look forward to the finished result. Perhaps you an send it to Britains to remind them to be consistant!

On 30/12/2015 at 9:35 PM, CMB said:

I think this is from a rare version of the MF 2680/Bauer (#9605) set Sean. I've also seen them in Bauer boxes on their own, but no idea if they were originally sold like this. The pipes are black like the Autoway version.

These are probably end of line versions using up what ever is left from the discontinued Autoway range.

Britains being green ;)

Archived