Kane Trailers diorama

JMC

I would like to share some pictures with the members on here of my diorama of the Kane Trailer factory. I started to build it in the summer 2014 and had it ready for the launch of the Britians low loader at Kane Engineering in October then i displayed it the following weekend at the Moira show. It measures 14ft x 16ft the sheds an office are made to scale but the yard i had to cut down on for transporting ! Feel free to comment or ask questions. I hav to add most of these pictures wer takein by a good friend of mine Peter of Hilllview Farm

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6430.JPG

IMG_6428.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6453.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG

I've seen this diorama twice now, and it is amazing.

You should look at the feasibility of showing it at Spalding, Chartres and Zwolle.

Somebody must have a morkeshing budget that would cover the costs.

30 minutes ago, SPN said:

I've seen this diorama twice now, and it is amazing.

You should look at the feasibility of showing it at Spalding, Chartres and Zwolle.

Somebody must have a morkeshing budget that would cover the costs.

SPN Thanks for ur comments. To move this its the full of my Landrover an 12 x 6.6 cattle trailer

33 minutes ago, tractorboyjules1977 said:

Love the attention to detail , best ive seen on here and all your own work ! seen this loads of times but something different always catches your eye ! Have you anything else in the pipeline ?

It had a few changes for Moira in 2015  but hopefully ther will be a big change this year  :of

What an excellent diorama, for us that know the factory we can see every detail as per real factory. It is a huge undertaking to begin such a project and it must take months to get all the detail in and the work involved in such a project must seem never ending, we will never see a better replica of the KANE factory who are now renowned for their high quality products, well done John....

Fantastic john :) being in a similar environment for road tankers, think the only thing I could knock it for is the floor being too clean, just short of some grinding dust and a few spatter burns etc.... and an oil stain or two in the fitting shop but cracking dio 8)

16 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Fantastic john :) being in a similar environment for road tankers, think the only thing I could knock it for is the floor being too clean, just short of some grinding dust and a few spatter burns etc.... and an oil stain or two in the fitting shop but cracking dio 8)

Yes Paul after these pictures wer takin i thought myself it was a bit to clean so i give it a spray round with WD 40 and it sat in my garage for a year till Moira 2015 gathering dust an dirt which helped the look of it.

8 hours ago, Lord Ferguson said:

Absolutely superb .. well done and thanks for taking the time to show it off... I bet Kane are pleased !

Mark i had a lot of help from Richard Kane when i done it they wer really pleased with the way it turned out. 

It looks superb mate... I keep going back and discovering extra stuff in the images that I've not seen previously... a LOT of thought, skill & work went into that John and it really shows in the quality of your work. Would love to see it 'in the flesh' sometime.

This is an amazing display. I'm lucky enough to have seen it in person at Moira 2014 and 2015. The time and effort that must of gone into it is incredible. I can't imagine how you're going to improve it this year but I'm looking forward to finding out. 

Had a look at this the last two years when it was displayed at the moira show. One of my all time favourite displays, the attention to detail and effort that has gone into this is awesome. Great work. 

Archived