Britains JCB Fastrac with mud spray.

I want the Fastrac to like it has been during lots of road work this time of year so has rain grime and spray over it. Ive noticed a few round before Christmas hauling sugar beet and maize.

To get the effect of spray and grime I use a air brush and a clay based weathering wash. I use an old SprayCraft suction feed air brush for apply the wash.

WP_20160104_016.jpg

I will be using clay washed from Flory Models. They are nice and safe to use only being made from clay powders and water. The washed will quite happily spray through a air brush with no problems, I have been using them for 12 months now and only had my air brush block up once and that's because I left the wash in it for a.few days. Being water based I use water to clean through my air brush after use. The other great thing is the wash can be easily removed from your model.by a quick wipe with a damp cloth.

WP_20160104_017.jpg

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I can't believe how easy you make this look, especially with the airbrush, I have never got on with mine at all, no matter what I try 

Thanks.

I just seam to be able to pick up my air brush and do it. I cant make any thing out of plasti card for toffee I'm hopeless.

After waiting for the wash to dry I wanted the tractor to have a wet muddy look. To do this I spray a acyclic gloss varnish over the mud wash. When dry this will give the effect of a wet look. I use acyclic varnish as it doesn't smell too much and when thinned with a little tap water very easy to spray with an air brush.

WP_20160104_028.jpg

WP_20160110_001.jpg

That's about it I think im calling it done. You could spray more wash on to give even more mud and spray or less depending on the effect wanted. Even down to mixing wash's to to get the right shade of mud. Being clay and water based the effect and be washed off at any time before the varnish is applied to the tractor. The varnish after being allowed to dry makes the weathering very hard wearing.

WP_20160105_008.jpg

WP_20160105_009.jpg

WP_20160105_010.jpg

WP_20160105_011.jpg

Archived