Well it's been a while since I had a go at a conversion (2yrs ) but here's a start . Now I know it's not the right skid unit to use but until I can find a cheap mf1080 one it will have to do for now . I've used a mf2620 skid unit for now as it was spare . Have ordered a new Dremel and some files to have a go at the side panels of the bonnet which should be fun . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

44 minutes ago, B O R said:

the bonnet needs cut back at the lower panels and the engine should have side rails,there are plenty of pictures of the 595 on google for reference

DSCN0214.JPG

I had a good read of your topic to start with , just waiting on a new Dremel and cutting disc's to cut and shape the bonnet panels 

It's hard to tell until you get everything sat in place, one thing you may need to do is move the rear wheels forward?? They look a long way away from the floor pan at present if that makes sense  , maybe move the floor and bonnet back and cut the front down a tad is the easiest way on that??  , certainly got the potential for sure 

22 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

As you say Chris, it's not far out,I suspect nothing's fitted right yet anyway, can't tell, but is the bonnet longer on a 595 than the 590 4wd one?  The lower side panels are different ,which maths doing , so maybe it's that makes it look longer in your pic?? 

The bonnet shoudnt be far out. It will look better when the side guards are trimmed back a little. It will then make the bonnet look longer and slimmer if that makes sense.

Nathan,go with what Chris has said,2 posts above,i think the axle spacing looks very close,bigger tyres perhaps,so the tyre is nearer to the bottom of the mudguard,wish you luck,i will eventually be doing one,i will  be using a uh 1080 chassis,but as i said i will be watching with great interest,also the side panels,the 590 has 3 fixings at the top,the real 595 picture 2,so perhaps could use that as a reference,or,get the bonnet decals made,and you will have another reference point on where the side panels go to

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Your rear axle centres don't look too far out Nathan, try some bigger tyres before you start cutting it about. Take a line down from the silver rear cab pillar downwards to the hub centres , on the real machine I have posted and then compare it to yours.

Yeah I was using the rear pillar as a guide but I think a bigger tyre is what's needed like you said 

7 minutes ago, paulali said:

Nathan,go with what Chris has said,2 posts above,i think the axle spacing looks very close,bigger tyres perhaps,so the tyre is nearer to the bottom of the mudguard,wish you luck,i will eventually be doing one,i will  be using a uh 1080 chassis,but as i said i will be watching with great interest

The 1080 is the way to go but until I find a cheap one this will do as its not too far out but I'm racking my brain out what bigger tyre will solve the problem 

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

Can't help you with a cheap 1080 but anyone wanting cheap 590's for conversions then try G & M as they're doing them for £14 plus postage at the moment.

Yeah I saw that earlier, they will sell quickly at that price 

Archived