My 1:32 conversions

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Some superb work there.. that buck rake is very nice and looks well on the loader. How did the Marge linkage graft on the back? That is how they should be on these models.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Some superb work there.. that buck rake is very nice and looks well on the loader. How did the Marge linkage graft on the back? That is how they should be on these models.

Thanks Pete. I just cut both chassis in front of the rear diff. Then glued the marge one onto the uh one. There's a fair bit of cutting and filing to do to the underside of the cab to allow the arms to come up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

liking that a lot, what do you use for the canopys? it shows the framework really well, could be a candidate for my 135 flexi cab 

Thanks. I think it's called solartex. It's used for covering model aeroplanes. I got in a local model shop. It comes in various colours. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nice pairing model/real... are they used for blowing/cleaning kit down?

They could be used for that but their main use is blowing out the umbilical slurry pipes before they're reeled up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16 February 2017 at 5:29 PM, Mickheff89 said:

Nice to see that the sunroof is done correctly. So many of them have them opened too far!

Thanks mick. It's a pet hate of mine too, seeing the ones that are opened too far. 

On 16 February 2017 at 6:25 PM, Wayne D said:

Great work Davy! Tractor and reel look excellent. 

Cheers Wayne. 

1 hour ago, mike whiting said:

Please can you provide details of where the wheels and tyres were sourced from for the tractor conversion,

Mike

Mike the wheels and Tyers were bought from artisan32. 

On 1/26/2017 at 9:14 PM, davy140 said:

Some front mounted PTO driven compressors I've been working on. Based loosely on the old Bristol ones that were fitted to the back of industrial Massey's. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice work there Davy, Like the look of these alot :) I tracked down a real full sized Bristol for a mates dad, being on the linkage it's a bit handier than having a trailed compressor. Very tidy work on the reel too ;) 

Archived