Project 50 @ 50

Right to explain things with the strange title. This year 2016 sees John Deere UK celebrating 50 years in the UK, in September they will be marking this with an the at there HQ in Langar Nottinghamshire. Ive been thinking of ways to celebrate the milestone my self in some way, I am by no means a big John Deere fan but you have to marvel at there marketing in the last 20 years that has seen them no.1 manufacture in the UK.

Putting my thinking cap on I thought of using Britains JD 50 and 40 series tractors and weathering them, removing the roof beacon and mounting a better beacon on the cab. The tractors will be fitted with individual number plates and certificate. Each tractor would be unique due to me weathering by hand no two tractors would be the same. I had planned on doing 10 and have made a start on 8.

Then I started thinking again bad mistake! What im going to attempt to do now is 50 JD 40/50 series tractors by September still weathering ect hence project 50@50. Im going to auction all 50 tractors and donate all proceeds to Cancer Research UK.

Please stay tuned to see if I completely loose it. 8 started 42 left

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:52 PM, Paul Palmer said:

what a great idea,good luck Ben

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:36 PM, alf aphid said:

Good luck! You are going to be busy!!

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, 0025 said:

good idea, cancer research is a good charity which is also close to my family.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:37 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Good luck with the project Ben, and well done to a great idea to raise a bit of money that will do some good :) look forward to project updates ;)

Thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived