JD 3040 weathring by dry brushing

You can dry brush pigment on to the tractor out of the box but i prefer to give the tractor a coat of matt varnish first to give the pigment some thing to grip on to.

On 3/13/2016 at 10:44 AM, Paul Palmer said:

keep the pictures coming Ben,i use the mig dry mud,a very good product,as you know Ben it can be applied wet or dry,great stuff mate

Thanks Paul

On 3/14/2016 at 8:56 AM, Jdeere6910 said:

What matt varnish would you reccomend, is it best sprayed on as well?

I use 100% Acrylic resin matt varnish by Vallejo and spray it with an air bursh thinned with water. I cant see any reason why painting it on wouldnt work but i would thin it water and apply very thin coats. I use the varnish as a key for the pigments and to kill the new paint shine. You could carefully rub the paint work down with some fine wet and dry

I dip the paint brush into the pigment and tap it gently to knock off the excess don't knock to much off. The pigment is then applied to the tractor with a dabbing action to build the dry pigment up.

2016-02-20 10.34.11.jpg

Is this dry brush stuff a removable product then Ben ? Whilst I love the finishes some of my stuff took a serious amount of effort to build, like the combines, would like to see the dusted for along with other stuff, but do like them clean , we did keep all our stuff washed down every day especially at harvest anyway .  

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 10:06 AM, Tractorman810 said:

Is this dry brush stuff a removable product then Ben ? Whilst I love the finishes some of my stuff took a serious amount of effort to build, like the combines, would like to see the dusted for along with other stuff, but do like them clean , we did keep all our stuff washed down every day especially at harvest anyway .  

It is removable if you don't use any pigment fixer. By using a very soft brush and blowing the pigment will be removed

The cab floor was next using Mig dry mud pigment. Using my paint brush I dab the pigment on the floor trying to make it look dry and dusty. Don't worry it it looks like there os too much.

WP_20160322_21_40_34_Pro.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I move onto the tyres. You could use mig pigments as I have on the tractor but I use a Tamiya weathering master set A using the sand shade. I find this gives a better dusty/dry mud effect on the tyres then using pigment and is less messy.

WP_20160325_19_50_44_Pro.jpg

Archived