Massey Ferguson 7499

I decided to revisit one of UHs and indeed MFs best models todate, the 7499:)

Firstly I stripped it down and placed in its new owner driver::).................then refitted the cab, complete with its new number plate sourced from a similar real size tractor from P & Bs.

mf7499 pics etc 003.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 004.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 005.JPG

Next I added its wheels, all of which were over sprayed with MF sapphire grey paint................I also shortened the bar axle a little and painted dark grey as per the real thing.........................I kept the same rear tyres but exchanged the front ones with slightly wider Wiking versions.

Then I added a two way radio aerial, the front bonnet a MF front weight and aged the exhaust pipe a little.

A tyre dusting completes the look:)

mf7499 pics etc 007.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 011.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 012.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 013.JPG

mf7499 pics etc 014.JPG

Thanks for the comments Pat,  I got the aerials from farm models Netherlands.

My next convo is a revisit to the tier 3 (grey chassis 2009) MF6480 which I now have to say is MFs best ever looking tractor imo.................Its funny how a tractor range has too fade into the history books before you can truly appreciate how smart it really looked.........the new 76/7700s are nice but just too much "bling" on them when compared to the classic lines of the late 64/7400s.

Pretty tasty work that Massey , as for the CB aerials may be a bit easier for you now as Mandy sells them along with some of their other stuff 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-SCALE-2-X-SPRING-AERIALS-ANTENNA-KIT-FOR-BRITAINS-SIKU-TRACTOR-21063-/301876591559?hash=item46493f3bc7:g:RWYAAOSwB4NWx0WP

smart tractor with all those mods done,only thing I can fault UH is that the exhaust is a bit small on the 7499 so I might get a bigger one fitted on mine.

Your 6480 is looking good too,one of mf's best modern tractors great fuel economy and pulling power for a mid range machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived