what is your fav all time tractors

Deeredriver

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford 5000. The dog's dangliest tractor ever made.

I have fond memories of driving a 7000 with Selene 4wd - which replaced a 5000 (OKI 8) strangely enough.

My all-time favourite, though, is the County 1174 - which replaced the 7000 4wd on the above mentioned farm and was recently pictured in CT.

One of these days ...........

How could i not mention the good old massey 550.Loads of power for its size a nice comfortable cab,power steering,easy access in and out of the cab.......best tractor in the 500 series-bought one today from a place called Alston (highest market town in England supposedly) tractor as rough as me after the odd saturday night.Got vandalised by some kids breeze block through the front window dashboard panel kicked in door glass smashed.Mudgaurds are rotten but it had a new clutch in last year ,starts first kick,good engine and has a clean working massey 80 loader on it with bucket fork and spike tyres are not too bad either.Paid ?500 for it bargain or not? probably worth more to break for spares...i am looking for a decent one in good original condition if anybody knows of one in the north of england or scotland.

We had a 550 bought it new on a 'R' plate, sold it 21 years later as  trade in for more.........wish I hadn't now  :)

My all time favourite would be a IH 885xl with quickie 3260 loader

used to love being abl to go into the silage pit and change gear whilst still opperating the loader

(them were the days)

On the wish list of a favourite  It would be a Mccorrmick MTX whatever  I just love the look of the cab

Ford 6600 for me  :o

Only kidding  ;D

Got to be the 35x for me I think... first one I drove (carting straw).... Lovely little machine and the workhorse of England in it's day... also the platform for the 135.. 148.... 550... 230 etc. - If I had a second choice it would be the 1155 - raw power with a big gutsy V8 perkins... and for me they sum up the early 80's when tractors were my life  :'( :'(

Not my favorite tractor but most fun driving was a Valmet 8050 drawing silage last year. Hopefully I'll be back on it this year (or something better ::)) if i ever get to leave this cursed college :-[,

At home I enjoy driving our super major, especially bringing silage bales out into the field or attacking the dumg in the dungstead. Shes not the most powerful or easiest to drive but for the sheer primitveness its great fun. The Dexta is also good fun, especially at high speed, but for long jobs give me our Valtra 6650 for a bit of comfort. I also like driving the Ford 6610, a very handy tractor especially when the loader is off.

Not my favorite tractor but most fun driving was a Valmet 8050 drawing silage last year. Hopefully I'll be back on it this year (or something better ::))

I've never driven a Valmet.

But this adorable young lady drives a 2100hp one, called Doris!

johanna_holdingbraid1_2.jpg

doris3_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would have to be our Ford 3000 with 4610 engine. Great memories of rolling grass with her on cold March days or drawing straw with her in September. Just let the throttle back to the last and listen to her roaring up the hill  :-* Then see the power of her in January when my father decides he has to get the last inch out of the headland and gets the tractor stuck in the drain and he can't lift the plough clear. 3000 and nashmach to the rescue with a big chain!!

the woman drivin the valtra any woman whos willing to sit on a tractor all day is good in my eyes!!

Oops, shoulda looked up  :-\. At least now she knows what I feel like every day, with that much power between her legs!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oops, shoulda looked up  :-\. At least now she knows what I feel like every day, with that much power between her legs!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What are you on about now?? If its that Valtra you are on about she'd hardly be able to pull your socks off.