colour variations

• 5 weeks later...

picked this one up xmas eve ,along with a second flat light grey chassis one ,  rather than a galvanised finish as per normal 

i have not seen these trailers on these wheels, all white chassis with what appear to be early ford wheels, all on a push on ael with metal ring spacers rather than springs / wire wrapping 

D09403B8-133C-4422-95C2-F95D4D94C6F0.jpeg

E85AB6C5-10E5-4B81-ACEF-7A1E1D457AD6.jpeg

D1E53B2C-6359-4D9E-8A24-8C647700F7BA.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

can tell its getting harder as its been a while since i found anything different, had to pop out this morn, for the boss ,and whilst waiting/ wandering  i notice a stall selling old toys, not really expecting to see any britains given everything was matchbox, i was amazed to see this tucked away in the corner  for the princley sum of £1 , so had to have it, sure someone mentioned this in the book that lists all the modles up till 2000 , sure someone has it to confirm. frames deffinatly right as it matches my orange one, with notches in it,whilst all my other folding ones don’t

red with silver tine  front mounted cultivator 

C7C6E6C9-0548-490B-8EA1-ED8FF5705AFC.jpeg

6E04E72B-1F4E-41F4-AD04-EFD52411373D.jpeg

022BDD86-302C-4025-92A4-145112E24B7D.jpeg

226FAAE4-E079-4927-8FCA-BD0809089AAA.jpeg

AD07CD8F-62D8-4282-A292-A81B212531E3.jpeg

• Like 2

finally managed to source one of the green tipper trailers, had to put a new tip lever in, but luckly the ram part was taped to the bottom and intact, also managed to remove the decals of the donor trailer, intact, so fitted them as well, just need to source a origonal silage top for it 

EE4F9603-19E8-409B-A09A-4F9F0DA9B32B.jpeg

8951C40F-C79B-42DC-9631-6AC8092250CF.jpeg

9C8180C5-C40F-4BBC-86AD-B4E86F84C2F6.jpeg

116540B0-8E4B-48AA-9D73-1C25B3515A9C.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Ah crikey. I hadn’t even seen the sticker!! It blends in. I actually never thought the red and yellow one was branded

The orangy frame isnt but the these two are, the different decal ones a bit more mf red where as the other one i have decaled is a lot darker, 

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

The orangy frame isnt but the these two are, the different decal ones a bit more mf red where as the other one i have decaled is a lot darker, 

Ah ok, so when I was a kid I purchased the red and yellow re launched one in late 80’s early 90’s?? TBC, at the time I didn’t even realise it was a rehash. Only as I learned more did I discover the old blue and red version which I have sourced relatively recently as one of the missing ones to my collection.  I’ve never seen an old red and yellow though. I wonder what era that one was?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

last of the blue wheeled bamford balers sourced ,picked yesterday from the sorting office .green framed version with the rubber band bale ejector method on the rear,tensioning handles and shute all intact ,as are the other ones i have, thats now all three chassis colours in both rear ejector systems. still undecided on the yellow wheeled ones, one as so far they all seem to be the later type wheels,and two,i have not seen that version in any sales catolouges before, . not sure if they appear in anything else though.

C613ECE2-FD32-474A-8B8B-DE13DC88CFD9.jpeg

AD69F7AE-5C02-40B3-97B6-0D36D7358917.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

found this via a local facebook market place add last night, was in a job lot of corgi and cheapo cars and stuff, all for 10 quid, grandkids are having great fun with them, however i noticed this was tucked in the corner hence why i bought them .it  was missing the ladders and jocky wheel otherwise all in one peice,  black chassis green tipper, the body seems to be a darker shade of green than the others i have(will get some pics when i get in the loft to compair) and the tyres are the earlier soft dunlop branded ones .certainly not seen one like this before ,has anyone else 

7ED2738E-CF0E-447C-A4BF-947E186732AE.jpeg

E6BCEF8B-D877-42A7-90CB-7BC2C7A8C73B.jpeg

4A37B167-8D39-404C-B50E-1EB87D7B1ABE.jpeg

• Like 4

It appears to be a late chassis with the twist lock slot. and an early body with holes in the rear lugs from when these bodies where used on the truck chassis, pre and post war. I have a 1969 trailer, brand new to me, which has these holes filled in. A bitsa I reckon!

Is it a matt finish?  Are there paint chips where the body lands on the chassis? Does it have a narrow axle or are the wheels quite loose on the axle? 

the chassis is a matt finish, has chips where the body sits. and on the tow eye ,nothing obvious showing under it, paint seems equal . had not noticed the twist lock pin i must confess, the wheels seem nice and tight ,and now you mention it the axels a bulbs end one,not a flat ended one like the tip one and tail gate one is , the more i look at it  the more i think it may well be a bitsy one ,but the chassis is very well done if it has been repainted , i have tried in the past to strip the britains paint,when i did the fordson repaint and its dam hard to do, so someones gone to a fair bit of effort,that or its a real one just got the wrong body type on?