colour variations

I have a red one , its in the pics earlier on, more a mf red than dark Maroon  red we usually see , again with grey plastics .

the secret at shows is to use your phones torch, the apple ones are a nice white light so makes checking nice and easy, had a few weird looks when i do that :D

• Like 1

poss the last ebay buy for a while ,if we all get locked down you cant post i guess, 

rear digger ,with grey metallic frame and yellow arm, red rams, sure i have seen pics of this before,but with a decal on one side of the arm, poss a 760 like the mf combine?? 

EFCC148E-0664-4EEE-BD12-40CA625F0AE7.jpeg

FC5C231D-7270-4D49-9C87-6C207822DB5E.jpeg

• Like 1

interesting one, not one i have seen before, it for me could be a 50/50  real or not one. wheels are easy to swap i buess.bit like the discussion over the red and yellow  dump trailer on facebook, theres a pic of one, from a dutch brouchure, but did it ever get properly made like it, i have one, bought it ages ago as the pics on ebay made it look orange, always asumed it was a conversion once it arrived, but now who knows 

On 2/21/2020 at 7:24 PM, super6 said:

Just received this, was/is missing markers, silver part from hopper and road transport wheels. Still after first two parts. Spout top thick red moulding is perfect, these tend to split where secured. This has silver wheel centres as per MF 135, not seen these before.P1140769(1).thumb.JPG.16881cd050379f29500a928dd6bdc4ed.JPG

Bought this trailer a while ago, looks good on this colour wheel centres methinks

sorry mate ,only just noticed this, i have that one, all complete, picked  it up at zwolle last year not seen that often ,think i have only seen 2/3 on ebay in the last few years, none complete mind 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, super6 said:

I'm sure I saw that, or one like it, on ebay, the wheels don't appear to fit properly as there are/were no spacers between wheel hubs and chassis. Did you buy it Alastair?

Yes I did, don’t really know why! Just saw it a and thought, that’s a bit different , it’s a bit tatty, should have left it, it’s now in little mans toy drawer. I’ll photo it better tomorrow 

• 3 weeks later...

Does it have the long or short "drag link" on the bottom of the steering column that has the wire attached? I see it has the knobbly/gripped steering wheel.

Early blue and orange dumpers have long link, knobbly steering wheel and painted skip release lever.

Early red ones have a painted tip lever, later self coloured, I have a couple of metallic blue ones both have self coloured levers. These, like the green and darker red ones, only appear in the crane style box AFAIK so later production I believe. I stand to be corrected

another addition arrived 10 mins ago, only bought this for the transport wheels as i don't have a silver set yet, its a bit tatty but bar markers bars missing it is complete, pic on ebay only showed one side and you couldn't see the item i have found, its got red wheel hubs, fitted with the ribbed early tyres we see on the mf 595 or fords .i cant see any sign of it being apart all seems very tight and dirty ,making me thing its a proper one?? 

364C2926-C086-4953-94A4-49B0D3831F22.jpeg

D8F41935-4427-45C2-B53F-BF0CA675C9CF.jpeg

497728BB-86C9-4AC7-9D68-D41C62BAF0EE.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked these two up today after spotting them on  facebook market space, had to make a minor 20 mile divert to get them, and only 10  quid each, Both had been in his ownership from new , but the flatbed was missing its cattle body, luckly i had sourced a donor  for a rebuild i was going to do for the layout, need a new door though , 

E30055C6-4D12-46EC-B7F7-5D3C7B7B101E.jpeg

E5BAD2A5-0945-4FBC-97E3-EE34A3DA764B.jpeg

CAC03BF7-B71D-4426-B5FC-82A6D99731FB.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't think I have ever seen this tractor issue in blue. Only one owner since new and never removed from the box so is authentic and the box label suggests it was a small batch run to shed some excess castings or along those lines. 

IMG_8623.JPEG

IMG_8622.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

is it badged as a ford then andy? i seem to remember seeing one years ago on ebay, just assumed it was a conversion so never bothered , not got any of the budget tractors actually.

No decals, just plain. I suspect to get around them paying license fees for the Ford Logo etc. 

12 hours ago, jmd said:

ive got one andy just same with same label on the end i will have to root it out and take a picture

Yes please John. Good to know it almost certainly was an official issue on that basis then. Not sure it's referenced anywhere.

The licence fees at the time would not have mattered when Britains had the TW20 in production and the 7710 that followed anyway , also the cabless 6600 with the yard scraper was in the run. I reckon it was to use up the remaining 6600 castings in the factory that got a coat off blue paint instead off that unusual brown colour on the budget model.

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1