colour variations

You can easily swap the plastic parts.
The halftrack version was launched in 1982, after the 880DT changed to brown (first ones still in Straw box). Orange 880DT was only build 1979-1981 and has never seen a Rainbow box or a casting included additional points for the halftrack. The two coloured driver with coat and boots was even phased out in 1980 😉

Edited by britainsfan78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, britainsfan78 said:

You can easily swap the plastic parts.
The halftrack version was launched in 1982, after the 880DT changed to brown (first ones still in Straw box). Orange 880DT was only build 1979-1981 and has never seen a Rainbow box or a casting included additional points for the halftrack. The two coloured driver with coat and boots was even phased out in 1980 😉

That sums it up then. I just tought it may have been a crossover model with excess orange parts used up. The orange did reappear on their 90-90 further down the road so that made me think it may have been genuine. 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

have i been silly or have i stumbled across another folding harrow, not seen the back one of these two before, pics seem to look ok, time will tell when it arrives i guess.

D872FBD2-5B3D-40E5-B5AA-F6ABA218E79B.png

I’d say it’s more then likely being resprayed to represent kverneland branding Sean 

• 3 weeks later...

new buy of fleabay, just waiting for it, does anyone know what this trailer bodys off(left hand one) doesn't appear to have been resprayed going by pics, seems to be an early one with the two sets of tip hole points, not seen a old britains truck this colour before either .

IMG_3434.png

IMG_3435.png

IMG_3436.png

I was following this, but forgot all about it then couldn't find it! It's an age thing apparently :unsure:

It's the later style body as per tipping trailer, solid floor and slots for hay raves/racks, so potentially from the last type of farm lorry 59F, with lights in front wings. Doesn't appear to have ever been fixed to a chassis, but close examination will determine this for sure. A good purchase with the other items included. Be interesting to see when it turns up.

41 minutes ago, super6 said:

I was following this, but forgot all about it then couldn't find it! It's an age thing apparently :unsure:

It's the later style body as per tipping trailer, solid floor and slots for hay raves/racks, so potentially from the last type of farm lorry 59F, with lights in front wings. Doesn't appear to have ever been fixed to a chassis, but close examination will determine this for sure. A good purchase with the other items included. Be interesting to see when it turns up.

not seen any of the last type of 59f’s in this colour before though .new one on me , will get some pics up when it arrives.

22 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

not seen any of the last type of 59f’s in this colour before though .new one on me , will get some pics up when it arrives.

I haven't seen one in this colour either only a brown one and a red 60F in Britains Civilian Toy Figures book so making a bit of an assumption. 

So its arrived, had a real good look and i think its ok not a respray . Its been fitted to something at some point , tail gates never been off as the ends of the pin are still flat, no green paint in there . Coats very even and looks like the same finish as the green one that came with it. Colours weird mind, its a more reddy brown than brown as the ebay pics suggested  . Poss the same as the ld school harrows??? Need to find one to compare . Have no idea what its from mind truck or trailer . Not aware of any horse draw ones with this body fitted .

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

• Like 2

it is, my pics aint great,only on the mobile, need to get a old harrow out beside it, looks very much that sort of colour, its had an axel/rod through where i would expect it for a trailer chassis, but nothing on the other two holes at the back, the front ones have some marks, but the paints visible inside the holes, not sure what would attach there on the lorrys to be honest, dont have any 

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

not sure what would attach there on the lorrys to be honest, dont have any 

There is a wire tipping assembly/handle for tipping when attached to lorry chassis

• 3 months later...

been down west today and managed to visit a small” vintage “ selling toy shop.he doesn’t normally have to much in thats complete for britain's stuff,normally broken bits or missing parts , however today i found this tucked away in the corner. he wanted 10 quid, but i got him down to 5. all the white plastics seem the same age ,look the same discolouring wise  and are the harder brittle ones, paint all matches and is glossy, 100% sure its not a repaint. and going by the rust on the body pins(hold it together) the stiffness of it all and given its the brittle plastic fittings, i suspect its not a rebuild from anything. not that i can think of any baler in this colour in the first place. doesnt appear to have been any decals fitted to it. even the tailgate, as no whiter patch where the vermeer  decal would have been .has anyone else come across one before 

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

• Like 1

looks a similar colour, all the wheels and plastics seem to be aged the same, and after a good look theres been no obvious decals on it, all the little farmer stuff i have seen have tampo decals on them don't they ?

its a late version thats for sure,as its got a china marking on a raised bit of extra metal where it would have said Britain on the side