146F Gift Set "Model Farm Series"

Andy

As mentioned in another post, managed to pick this set up last week. The box is quite poor and we are currently trying to repair it.

146F, Contains 2 x DDN's, Log Trailer, Tipper Trailer, Rolls, Plough, Timber Trailer, 2 x Drivers and a pair of discs

The set can contain 2 x E27N's as it was a transition set from set 134F

Regardless of the condition of the box, we are still chuffed to bits with the find and its a relief to avoid paying "vectis / ebay" type prices for it!

post-2-132638526581_thumb.jpg

Mint and Boxed, you would struggle to pick it up from ebay / vectis for less than a grand.

I think one sold in a restored box for ?1100 late last year.

Fordsons are original but, I have replaced the ones that I had in the set originally.

Didnt realise people were prepared to pay quite that much! I wont say how much I paid then in the fear of giving your mate a heart attack! Deary me!

Fordsons are original but, I have replaced the ones that I had in the set originally.

Didnt realise people were prepared to pay quite that much! I wont say how much I paid then in the fear of giving your mate a heart attack! Deary me!

I know but he has more money than sense and his collection means everything to him and more  ;)

Wow what a find Andy, thats something special. ?1000 you say? Jesus. Those people who tell me to invest in property need to have a rethink along these lines me thinks. Nice set, don't know anything about this old stuff so it's nice to see and read some stuff on it now and again Andy.

Its just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

9 times out of 10, that stupid joe bloggs person is in the spot, but this time around we were lucky!

We have managed to get the box slightly better, amazing what gluing can do!

Waiting on a new cabinet now so we can put it on proper display, so no we wont be selling it  :)

• 9 months later...

Its just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

9 times out of 10, that stupid joe bloggs person is in the spot, but this time around we were lucky!

You lucky so and so!

As a dealer friend said to me "you put in the leg work so you are going to get a bargain every now and again"  :)

• 2 months later...