BRITAINS 2017 New Releases and deleted lines

IH885XLMAN

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking to the guy and girl from Tomy britains,at toytrac.new Holland combine out late summer 2017.north America version,cr,9.90.possibly European version maybe one day.new jcb fastrac.new jcb wheeled 360.very detailed,had the prototype at the show.and the new jcb fastrac.and the kvernland drill.and Kane classic silage trailer.possibly new jcb loading shovel in 2018/19.drill looks good .

I also spoke to the Britains reps at Toy Trac. They were openly asking for suggestions and feedback and like others I asked for a larger JCB loader for the pit, which make sense as they have brought out the larger telehandler and Fastrac's, and its generally what our collections are lacking. We talked about it for quite a while and agreed it was due an update (hopefully a larger machine) and they said they will take ideas to the next meeting with JCB which was scheduled for the following week or so.

I handled the new Kane classic trailer which is pretty good. They said the model on display is 99% likely the finished article. I've got in hand photos from all sides which I can post later. We also discussed the delays to the Kane models (halfpipe and classic). They explained that Kane Trailers are keen that Britains capture all the key features and the delays are where they reject prototypes and then negotiate how to improve the model without huge cost factors. With the classic they wanted the swing door to have the signature rear door latch which they are popular for. Britains couldn't do that due to price issues and a compromise was made where the swing door clips into the closed position from the bottom centre of the door

The classic Kane is ready for release but they are holding off since they've missesd the silage season. Likely release is Jan or Feb 2017 ahead of the next season. We talked about the popularity of the Kane trailers especially with the Grassmen dvds. They are apparently going to work with the Grassmen in future

As a New Holland fan I asked if they will be making a TS or TM model now they are making more modern classics in the Ford range. They asked which TM would be popular and I said the 155 as it was the contractors choice for a long time and a good mid range size, I also mentioned that a lot of conversionists are making TM's so there's certianly a market for them

We talked about the tractor rear hitch issues where the hitches can't stay up with implements fitted. They said they are currently on the second generation of new hitches and believe a further refinement is due to be included on future releases

I'll post more if I remember anything else

Any chance you hinted a few 3cyl Fords Luke !! ;D For me .. But yes a TM 155 would be good , but I think it may be still too modern to get into the heritage range , all the same they would still sell like hot cakes !!;)

Few other things I forgot to add to my last post:

We discussed the contracts Britains has whereby they make toys vs another company producing the same machine as a collectors model. I mentioned that no one has brought out a detailed modern Fastrac. The Britains reps believe Universal Hobbies have a contract with JCB to produce models, but maybe they were wrong as we've never seen any

The NC Muck Spreader wasn't on display, only a photo of the real thing was shown, but I'm really looking forward to it now that Scale Farmer aren't likely to bring out the Bunning anytime soon

The drill will likely be out in time for Christmas

I forgot to ask when the New Holland T6.180 is due out. If anyone knows please let me know

They will consider a fold up buck rake if they produce a larger loader, but I think it's unlikely

I explained that the grass pick ups on their foragers are too wide for what we would see on UK farms. They said it's likely because they based it off American designs and will consider the feedback

14 hours ago, Luke190 said:

As a New Holland fan I asked if they will be making a TS or TM model now they are making more modern classics in the Ford range. They asked which TM would be popular and I said the 155 as it was the contractors choice for a long time and a good mid range size, I also mentioned that a lot of conversionists are making TM's so there's certianly a market for them

I'd love a TS115 or TM.

But they would have to do it to the same standard as the JD 4020 model they made a few years ago, which was excellent.

The 6Y, 7A and TW Fords of recent years were diabolical. Totally out of proportion.

And as for the David Browns. Holy God. What were they at?

It's worse they are getting!

23 hours ago, dave the farmer said:

Yes Paul,new jcb 8000 tractor out nxt year.joe the drill might be out this year,if not early nxt year.

Never mind the 8000 series, bring out the old classic 185-65........

18 hours ago, Wayne D said:

Might not be the right place to post this, but this demo Kane trailer was on display at a local show tonight. 

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

I'll be at the show tomorrow and hopefully get a good look at it. 

That was the moira model show ! .. looked very nice model . 

Would be nice to see grain version of the trailer come out at some point - not beyond possibility I would think, just a different tailgate?

The Kverneland drill looks very good from the photo in the Moira section

No photos of the other Britains stuff I'm afraid. I hope we'll see the NC muck spreader prototype soon. I saw the Kuhn tedder unfolded and it's massive!

The classic kane is the same quality as the halfpipe. Personally I like it, but its small size was very noticeable as I'm so used to having larger trailers in my collection. I'll get one hopefully with some improvements by Model Farmer

Archived