bit of late 70's early 80's nostalgia....

Many thanks for all the kind/positive comments, really is much appreciated.

It is an era/period I find really interesting (hope I don't sound like Steve Davis.....)  admittedly the newer equipment is undeniably impressive - in terms of sophistication/sheer size - but somehow doesn't seem to have the character of the older gear - only my opinion of course, and that's what forums are about :rolleyes:

I am pleased with the way the trailer has turned out, I have now just finished a super 10 weeks trailer (ideally to go with the Ford 7700) although I haven't sprayed it up yet - slightly undecided whether to do it as a MF 26 trailer (weeks 10 tonner in MF colours), but more inclined to stick with weeks colours as I think they will look better as a pair?

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, JEP said:

Many thanks for all the kind/positive comments, really is much appreciated.

It is an era/period I find really interesting (hope I don't sound like Steve Davis.....)  admittedly the newer equipment is undeniably impressive - in terms of sophistication/sheer size - but somehow doesn't seem to have the character of the older gear - only my opinion of course, and that's what forums are about :rolleyes:

I am pleased with the way the trailer has turned out, I have now just finished a super 10 weeks trailer (ideally to go with the Ford 7700) although I haven't sprayed it up yet - slightly undecided whether to do it as a MF 26 trailer (weeks 10 tonner in MF colours), but more inclined to stick with weeks colours as I think they will look better as a pair?

No you don't sound like Steve Davis and you don't look like the John Prescott we often see on the tv haha

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for that Smithy,

Looks in very good condition for its age - given the type of decals, it will be pre 74/75. Its got the same style drop sides sides as the weeks super 10 model that Ive made.

What's the tractor? is it a Belarus??

hope your bags are packed ;)

Speak soon.

7 hours ago, JEP said:

Cheers for that Smithy,

Looks in very good condition for its age - given the type of decals, it will be pre 74/75. Its got the same style drop sides sides as the weeks super 10 model that Ive made.

What's the tractor? is it a Belarus??

hope your bags are packed ;)

Speak soon.

Yes John its a Belarus 520 I have some pictures of it in my photos in my computer but cant get it to upload them at moment as I cant get it to go back to the 29-7-15 when I took them will keep trying , no bag not packed yet I am working with my mate Colin today working on some gateways to horse paddocks he is digging them out and I am on a dumper back filling with crushed material on bottom ash felt planning's on the top got two more to do today hope to be done by mid afternoon then quickly pack my bag .       

A company in a Kilkenny may have produced them smaller Weeks trailers under licence  back in the late 70's & threw the 80's . We had one years ago & all the features the Weeks have are very alike. I just remember the brand name being KP . The trailer had a red body and it's under pinnings yellow . Maybe a few Irish lads know of them these trailers. 

IMG_2948_zpsazrrz5mo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jep , I use to live in Hessle where the weeks trailers were built. We had probably 8 of them on my Fathers farm, poplar 4 t, poplar plus and the silage trailers. We built some up from scratch, bought in kit form. Also had a weeks rotaflail muck spreader. 

The ribs on the floor section look great, is it made from plastistruct or brass? Also please can you provide details of the paint used, looks spot on for the real model. Would quite like to make one myself.

is it the Norev class combine?

Justin, those trailers were made by Kilkenny Engineering Products (KEP). They were similiar to the Weeks in may respects, particularly the use of steel sides rather than wooden sides.

KEP also made a very interesting bale elevator that fitted onto a tractor (a Leyland in all the promotional material. There may have been a Mahon & McPhillips connection). You drove along a line of conventional bales and they got picked up by the elevator and were conveyed up the side of the cab and dropped onto a trailer. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures on the Interwebs. It was a very interesting machine. I wonder if I have a brochure buried at home somewhere.

On 27 November 2016 at 9:42 PM, SPN said:

Justin, those trailers were made by Kilkenny Engineering Products (KEP). They were similiar to the Weeks in may respects, particularly the use of steel sides rather than wooden sides.

KEP also made a very interesting bale elevator that fitted onto a tractor (a Leyland in all the promotional material. There may have been a Mahon & McPhillips connection). You drove along a line of conventional bales and they got picked up by the elevator and were conveyed up the side of the cab and dropped onto a trailer. Unfortunately I can't find any pictures on the Interwebs. It was a very interesting machine. I wonder if I have a brochure buried at home somewhere.

Thanks for the info SPN . Those trailers were very popular back in the 80's . Every second farm had one . 

Archived