Wiking 2017

chris.watson

22 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Good call Sean,must have missed that earlier,the original 936 actually weighs 447gm,?? so metal content falling.

Regards

Joe.

does sort of prove a point, they  still cram the detail into them,don’t get me wrong , but they are now cutting corners in terms of materials used and finish, stupid little things like,all the front linkage pins in bare silver, same on the jd loaders on the newer r series deeres, the piviot points on the new combine. painted lights not clear plastic, all those little things soon add up in terms of finish , only need to look at marge or wiese toys in terms of finish compaired to them now, they used to be much the same, but now slowly dropping behind maybe ??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I have been happy with the price and finished model by Wiking, and until I buy a bad one I will keep buying them :)

I have already in my short time back in the hobby found some great makes, and also brought some really shoddy items that are already in the trade in box :(

I will keep buying what I like the look off, what I need and what looks good value as my budget is not that high, so tend to aim for older models :)

6 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Just remembered this photo taken at Wiking's stand at Agritechnica,What manufacturer would show model's in that state at the biggest show in Europe,???

Regards

Joe.

Wiking John Deere.jpg

I really do hope they where just having an off period when they assembled them to go in the case, or the people at the show where not scale model fans and knew no better :)

If more photo's turn up like this I will start to be concerned, but as I normally check a few model sites and look at reviews to see different photo angles before I buy I should not get bitten with any luck :P

45 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

looking at the damaged tow eye, the bent wheel mud guard and in the first pic a wrong header position i would say some saleperson dropped it truth be known,and i doubt they had a spare

Exactly what I was thinking Sean,bad craic though,

Regards

Joe.

20 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

always carry some superglue is all i can say when displaying :D:D easy done though, prob wernt even in boxes during transport, being prototypes as such , 

what do you mean, I can remove them from their boxes to display and to play with them :D

On 01/01/2018 at 2:10 PM, Paul Palmer said:

I also see your points Martyn,but as Chris said they were available at a lot lower price,also the said lack of detail isn't mentioned in your ebay listing is it?

Hi Paul, sorry it’s taken a few days to reply to your comment please accept that these are only my thoughts for what they are worth on this replica and maybe I would share them with other FTF members perhaps you would like to write a review when you get one? yes they are available at a lower price but I paid more then Chris’s price with vat as these are only available in dealer boxes from Claas at this present time. As for my “lack of detail” in my eBay listing I am not going writing chapter and verse as this is a new item new in box from the makers and I always state for buyers to ask questions before bidding as I do in all my listings, I add more detail on condition of a toy, model or item when they are old, preowned or damaged and would never knowingly sell an item which as has problem. Regards Martyn.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Paul Palmer said:

I also see your points Martyn,but as Chris said they were available at a lot lower price,also the said lack of detail isn't mentioned in your ebay listing is it?

If anyone were selling these they would avoid a description that includes 'very plastic, lack of workings parts no engine detail with other parts over scaled like the header trolley hitch'.  So you can't expect Martyn or anyone else in business to include this type of thing in a listing or any other comments which would put people off!  I would sell a lot less if I offered my personal opinion in an Ebay listing!

9 minutes ago, AndyB said:

If anyone were selling these they would avoid a description that includes 'very plastic, lack of workings parts no engine detail with other parts over scaled like the header trolley hitch'.  So you can't expect Martyn or anyone else in business to include this type of thing in a listing or any other comments which would put people off!  I would sell a lot less if I offered my personal opinion in an Ebay listing!

Thanks Andy, couldn’t put it better myself.

3 hours ago, mf135 said:

Hi Paul, sorry it’s taken a few days to reply to your comment please accept that these are only my thoughts for what they are worth on this replica and maybe I would share them with other FTF members perhaps you would like to write a review when you get one? yes they are available at a lower price but I paid more then Chris’s price with vat as these are only available in dealer boxes from Claas at this present time. As for my “lack of detail” in my eBay listing I am not going writing chapter and verse as this is a new item new in box from the makers and I always state for buyers to ask questions before bidding as I do in all my listings, I add more detail on condition of a toy, model or item when they are old, preowned or damaged and would never knowingly sell an item which as has problem. Regards Martyn.

Points well made Martyn mate. I must stress to all forum members that the price I paid for my model which I stated in an earlier post , was a lot cheaper than other dealers or members can get them for. This is because we run a Claas combine on the farm and are privy to a discount or two. 

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Points well made Martyn mate. I must stress to all forum members that the price I paid for my model which I stated in an earlier post , was a lot cheaper than other dealers or members can get them for. This is because we run a Claas combine on the farm and are privy to a discount or two. 

I did forget to add a smiley face at the end of that sentence in the  topic,it was all tongue in cheek Martyn;)

5 hours ago, mf135 said:

see post above Martyn and AndyB

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, AJH said:

The same combination of the forage harvester cost at Claas €220... And these are the Dealer prices ;)

Here is already a first photo of them:

033.thumb.jpg.50ab70791cae24f777b5f4518aaa72b5.jpg

096.thumb.jpg.08bfc3bb6b7a4d7ee41403cbfa615690.jpg

From Agrarmodellbau.de

So ATTE  any idea which of these three John Deere models will be launched first??   Maybe the 7310R as its been out for a few years in real size...................please say April:D

• robbo unpinned this topic

Archived