General Purpose Tipping Trailer

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2017 at 7:44 PM, alf aphid said:

That is really great. Been thinking about tackling a trailer for a while. 

Has it been built entirely with stripstyrene? Never used that before. Is it easy to use ?

Ya all evergreen stripstyrene, Easy enough to work with on the flat, the hardest part was getting the bend right on the chassis but other than that, I find it nice to work with, when cutting or drilling go easy on it though or it will crack, I used poly-cement from an airfix pack for glueing.

11 hours ago, Michael390Turbo said:

Ya all evergreen stripstyrene, Easy enough to work with on the flat, the hardest part was getting the bend right on the chassis but other than that, I find it nice to work with, when cutting or drilling go easy on it though or it will crack, I used poly-cement from an airfix pack for glueing.

Ah ok thanks Michael, might get some and have a go!

On 29/01/2017 at 0:51 PM, Tractorman810 said:

nice work so far,. built the same way as my pettit one, only difference is i use strips of wood to creat the planked effect on mine

IMG_0598.JPG

That is a lovely job too! Do you have some more detailed pics. Just interested to see how people have tackled them. I want to do an MF (weeks) 6 tonne I think it was badged a 200? Need to confirm. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived