What really annoyed you today

2 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Heard on Facebook that a farm had all there GPS nicked out of tractors and combine.

This is happening far too often, there has been talk of manufacturers integrating the GPS in cab roofs though if your not on a big scale and swap Trimble (for example) between tractors integrated systems no good.

Hopefully some method of making the units difficult to steal will be thought of.

I did read of a contractor who tracked down the thief who nicked the GPS off his fleet and recovered them.

7 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

This is happening far too often, there has been talk of manufacturers integrating the GPS in cab roofs though if your not on a big scale and swap Trimble (for example) between tractors integrated systems no good.

Hopefully some method of making the units difficult to steal will be thought of.

I did read of a contractor who tracked down the thief who nicked the GPS off his fleet and recovered them.

And then gave the thief a good hiding I hope.

Indeed happening all too often.  The farm where I am based had both screens pinched out of a brand new Bateman the other week, lost all farm info etc.  The police said that new tracking technology is being rolled out which will be harder to overcome, so here is hoping!  They also said that German police had seized 90 complete sets, some of which had originated from the U.K.  We leave all our kit unlocked and remove the recievers, so hopefully if they do try there will be no damage.  The integrated ones are ok - like Fendt/Trimble - but you can cut the roof in the right place and take them straight out in less than 5 mins.......

• 1 month later...

Hermes.

Had a model sent last week, tracking showed it was out for delivery from about 09.20 yesterday morning, but it didn't come all day.  Remained the same until 14:37 today when  it changed to 'delivered'   I was out the back washing the cats litter tray around then but didn't hear the door,  there has been no card put through and nothing with the neighbours.  

I am wondering if its still in their depot or van though as the out for delivery thing changed at the same time, and I thought you normally had a photo of where they'd left the parcel.  

Screenshot_20211103-171936_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I had hoped to share 6 new model arrivals this week.  How many have come...

None.

I'm waiting on a delivery too Joe. But expect things this time off year and running into Xmas to be chaotic. I was talking to a UPS delivery driver 2 days ago... He said order what you need within the next few days from abroad if you are looking to do so if you need it before Xmas.  Because in another week or 2... You will order... Your money will be debited.... But your shipment will be out in the middle off the sea or sitting in some port and might not arrive till January.. Air freight will be behind  also due the Xmas rush, post pandemic chaos and driver shortages. 

Edited by justy 46

I've had some bad luck as well as the pandemic issues....I was hoping to receive a UH Claas Xerion which *appears* to have been lost or stolen.  Then another model- the sender put the wrong house number on it...even the one that was being dropped in at work didn't come!

So, just a bit jinxed this week.  Posted a few things sold on ebay today and lady in the post office said the Royal Mail has changed routes and there is a backlog of parcels...But it appears some days there is no post delivery at all.

18 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I'm waiting on a delivery too Joe. But expect things this time off year and running into Xmas to be chaotic. I was talking to a UPS delivery driver 2 days ago... He said order what you need within the next few days from abroad if you are looking to do so if you need it before Xmas.  Because in another week or 2... You will order... Your money will be debited.... But your shipment will be out in the middle off the sea or sitting in some port and might not arrive till January.. Air freight will be behind  also due the Xmas rush, post pandemic chaos and driver shortages. 

UPS here in Ireland and not that good anything I got off them took long time to come do . 

1 hour ago, trigger82 said:

UPS here in Ireland and not that good anything I got off them took long time to come do . 

They had a Smyths order to us within 24  hrs Cyril. That's not bad. What I'm trying to say is stock is going to run low as all the toy retailers have been warning on the run up to Xmas due container ships stuck out the water. Waiting to come to port with shippments from China. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Mobile phone companies.........

Got a text to say that I am due an upgrade so I tried to ring their customer services, get into a queue after which they send me a text and say to go online. I have then gone online and tried to register with the site with my email address and user name, to be told that does not match their records and I have to ring to speak directly to a customer service advisor.

I then ring the customer services number who say that I should go on line and enter my email and user name...........you see where this is going.........

Have you ever heard of the Worm Ourobouros? It is part of Norse mythology and is is doomed to spend its entire existence chasing its own tail which it can never catch.

At what point can I actually speak to someone? Never it would appear!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, robbo said:

Mobile phone companies.........

Got a text to say that I am due an upgrade so I tried to ring their customer services, get into a queue after which they send me a text and say to go online. I have then gone online and tried to register with the site with my email address and user name, to be told that does not match their records and I have to ring to speak directly to a customer service advisor.

I then ring the customer services number who say that I should go on line and enter my email and user name...........you see where this is going.........

Have you ever heard of the Worm Ourobouros? It is part of Norse mythology and is is doomed to spend its entire existence chasing its own tail which it can never catch.

At what point can I actually speak to someone? Never it would appear!

I have had same problem here a little while back ,sorted out now , also about  3 years ago they stopped taking my monthly direct debit i eventually got to speak to someone that said they would look into it ,never heard anything back ,next month was the same no money taken so back in touch ,the person said they must have got it otherwise i would have had a letter or been cut off ,i said no letter and not cut off as i am speaking to you on this phone ,they said they would look into it again nothing done after about 4 months my bank tried to sort it out but draw a blank so we just gave up phone was still working ok but so it went on ,anyway exactly a year to the day they stopped taking the direct debit they took the hole 12months in one go ,money was there for them and bank was aware of the problem so they let the money go out ,it was exactly 12 times my monthly contract fee so no problems there and ever since it has been monthly again ,never did find out what went wrong    

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

you gotta love amazon delivery guys, walks up to the house, looks in and see’ s us sat in the front room, the proceeds to looks the other way ,and puts a £100 item  between the bins in full view ,,no attempt to knock or swap direction to the door or even try and hide it , went out as he walked away and the tw t even claims he just rang the door bell ???? and saw us getting up 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I just came across this story on my random Google news feeds... I admire Clarkson for standing up for farmers.....But I can tell you if this were to happen over here. The farmers would be rioting on the streets off our cities. How can this be tolerated from yer councils... That's a serious horrible dig at the dairy farmer!!! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60316424

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Its like many other daft things the councils, government, etc come up with 

Heck Smithy.. That's OTT... Dairy is what keeps the rural economy alive. In terms off climate.. It only fuels beef imports from places like Brazil. And what are they doing, only clearing rainforest to create more grazing ground for cattle. Politicians these days are clueless... 

I dont think it is OTT ,yes i now there is a lot of dairy farms out in the rural community that are doing a wonderful job on feeding the country ,and i now it is a hard job doing all the milking and feeding over very long hrs ,when i said its daft i mean the councils and government departments should not be promoting this type of thing ,it has got a right to be there but people dont need it ramming down there throat's 😁 that  this is what you must be eating , McDonalds last week was sending out loads of emails about there plant burgers ,yes they have to let customers now they have them but we have the choice if we order them (i was in a mcdonalds yesterday and had meat and milk in my coffee) And yes i agree with you on the rainforest it was put there for a reason . If everyone switched over to these new type food thats being pushed these days there would be a hell of a lot more methane released from humans than a load of burping/f##ting cows     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smithy said:

I dont think it is OTT ,yes i now there is a lot of dairy farms out in the rural community that are doing a wonderful job on feeding the country ,and i now it is a hard job doing all the milking and feeding over very long hrs ,when i said its daft i mean the councils and government departments should not be promoting this type of thing ,it has got a right to be there but people dont need it ramming down there throat's 😁 that  this is what you must be eating , McDonalds last week was sending out loads of emails about there plant burgers ,yes they have to let customers now they have them but we have the choice if we order them (i was in a mcdonalds yesterday and had meat and milk in my coffee) And yes i agree with you on the rainforest it was put there for a reason . If everyone switched over to these new type food thats being pushed these days there would be a hell of a lot more methane released from humans than a load of burping/f##ting cows     

Hell yeah smithy spot on there , my missis is eating more fruit and veg(with meat, if she went vegan its divorce) and trust me the methane rate in our house has gone up 10 fold😆😆😆😆😆 

• Haha 2

I think that these days a number of politicians are "captured" by big business deep pocketed lobbyists, and are pushing ever more far fetched policies as a consequence. In my opinion climate change is driven by other factors not just man made pollution, thats a scam to remove peoples liberties as far as Im concerned.  I suspect that a awful lot more carbon has been expelled by volcanic activity these past 12 months than by factories, machines and cows!!

• Like 2