Roadless 75 & Hydrocut Mk4 Hedgecutter / tabmodels

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

That could end badly, wouldn't want it whipping through the back of the cab, it makes me thankfull for modern safety cabs. 

Yeah there have been a few close calls thankfully not on a public road or street, most memorable one being my father hitting a rusty iron bar in the hedge with the slasher blade. It sheared all six blades off and send them towards the tractor. Two blades hit the mesh guard and tore it open, thankfully they didn't go any further! The mesh guard was very heavy and doubled up and that's what stopped them. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

dont ever recal seeing one thats for sure nick. what about the moffat ones ian ? irish company or uk 

Yes Sean Moffetts are made in Co.Monaghan, Ireland, they also make the Moffett Mounty forklift for the backs of trucks. Hydrocut is still operating but nothing like the innovative machines from the 1970s, the identification plate on ours reads Sudbury, Suffolk. They seem to have built a lot more models of hedge cutters than I first thought, including the Mk2, 3 and 4 Super Hydrocut, The Universal, the Boadicea, the Simeon, the Giraffe and just recently discovered a compact rear mounted hedger called The Hydrocut Farmer. Extremely hard to find any images or information on them, even on the interweb :)

5 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Looks like they've moved to Essex now

http://www.hydrocut.co.uk/

The Hydrocut farmer

58e69662d9606__3.thumb.JPG.8aee0105edfd4c1e415aa97eb579d681.JPG58e696649e7d3__3(1).thumb.JPG.474da8b6336396b83c33c945d15eb227.JPG58e6966bb10bb__1.JPG.1b12fdd426974207e82a7991c590ec35.JPG58e6967613d09__3(2).thumb.JPG.eaf2307e5e09bd5769b118b619fdedb8.JPG

Spot on Mark, they are just up the road from us here at earls clone airfield.We have an old hydrocut spiral worm log splitter, still use it regularly in the winter, it came from the long time closed up case ih dealers "spot machinery " in Gt yeldham, Essex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Spot on Mark, they are just up the road from us here at earls clone airfield.We have an old hydrocut spiral worm log splitter, still use it regularly in the winter, it came from the long time closed up case ih dealers "spot machinery " in Gt yeldham, Essex.

That's exactly the Hydrocut Farmer I found being sold on ebay, and I've seen the log splitter too, I wonder what other machinery they have produced in the past

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tabmodels said:

Yeah there have been a few close calls thankfully not on a public road or street, most memorable one being my father hitting a rusty iron bar in the hedge with the slasher blade. It sheared all six blades off and send them towards the tractor. Two blades hit the mesh guard and tore it open, thankfully they didn't go any further! The mesh guard was very heavy and doubled up and that's what stopped them. 

I bet that resulted in a trip home for a change of pants!

On 6 April 2017 at 8:13 PM, tabmodels said:

Yes Sean Moffetts are made in Co.Monaghan, Ireland, they also make the Moffett Mounty forklift for the backs of trucks. Hydrocut is still operating but nothing like the innovative machines from the 1970s, the identification plate on ours reads Sudbury, Suffolk. They seem to have built a lot more models of hedge cutters than I first thought, including the Mk2, 3 and 4 Super Hydrocut, The Universal, the Boadicea, the Simeon, the Giraffe and just recently discovered a compact rear mounted hedger called The Hydrocut Farmer. Extremely hard to find any images or information on them, even on the interweb :)

Moffetts are alright a Monaghan based engineering company but here is an insight 

Cecil moffett founded the company in the 1950's as an engineering business along side his farm. At first he fixed farm machinery but always wanted to make items. One of the earliest machines made was a stone mole plough for a man called pat joe prunty who in Ireland is famed for football and gaa pitches. 

Cecil on to manufacture concrete equipment before his death at a young age. His three children called Robert, carol and Maurice carried on the business and are famed worldwide for the moffett mounty forklift for trucks. They also at the same time made the MFT tractor before selling the company to powerscreen.

Robert and Maurice are still in the engineering business, robert with combilift (a forklift that can go in every direction) and Maurice with Maurice moffett engineering. It's Maurice who makes the saw still.

If there are high flyers reading this, look up moffett rally on YouTube. Both families are very much involved with car rallying 

24 minutes ago, ford man said:

Moffetts are alright a Monaghan based engineering company but here is an insight 

Cecil moffett founded the company in the 1950's as an engineering business along side his farm. At first he fixed farm machinery but always wanted to make items. One of the earliest machines made was a stone mole plough for a man called pat joe prunty who in Ireland is famed for football and gaa pitches. 

Cecil on to manufacture concrete equipment before his death at a young age. His three children called Robert, carol and Maurice carried on the business and are famed worldwide for the moffett mounty forklift for trucks. They also at the same time made the MFT tractor before selling the company to powerscreen.

Robert and Maurice are still in the engineering business, robert with combilift (a forklift that can go in every direction) and Maurice with Maurice moffett engineering. It's Maurice who makes the saw still.

If there are high flyers reading this, look up moffett rally on YouTube. Both families are very much involved with car rallying 

Thanks Damian, that's very interesting, I completely forgot about the MFT tractor!

5 hours ago, Wayne D said:

Also check out Combilift, Robert Moffett is one of the directors of it. Certainly not a small company. :) 

Your right there Wayne, the company is worldwide and the order book for forklifts keeps growing. They are in the process of building a new plant outside Monaghan town. Just to give you a the size of the plant 900 solar panels are going on it!!!! 

I know Robert and Maurice because I'm involved in rallying and are two lovely fellows. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ford man said:

Your right there Wayne, the company is worldwide and the order book for forklifts keeps growing. They are in the process of building a new plant outside Monaghan town. Just to give you a the size of the plant 900 solar panels are going on it!!!! 

I know Robert and Maurice because I'm involved in rallying and are two lovely fellows. 

Yes that's correct, the engineers I work for designed the structure for the new building. It's massive, just short of 10 acres for the building alone. ha ha!

Small world, my dad would be good friends with them, as he done quite a bit of night navigation rally's with them back in the day. :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • tabmodels changed the title to Roadless 75 & Hydrocut Mk4 Hedgecutter / tabmodels
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...