Wanted taskers fertispread dimensions

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know how many sizes of the taskers fertispread there were ? I know there is a very dumpy one, I pressume the original. I'm after dimensions of the longer one, but can't work out of there is more than one larger model?  Lost the damn photos of the very one I'm trying to create!!

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

t3.thumb.jpg.3af3a877b4e84110a6297f7760c63b4d.jpg

Dimensions for this Ferti-Major I believe

overall length 12' 4" or 3.76m

overall width 6' 3" or 1.9m

overall height 4' 8" or 1.42m

overall height with (optional) scoop raised 8' 4" or 2.54m

minimum ground clearance 11" or279mm

Hopper

width 6' 0" or1.83m

length 6' 0" or 1.83m

capacity 62 cu.ft or 1.75 cu.m

capacity with extension sides 98 cu.ft or 2.78 cu.m

spreader disc-

height from ground 19.5" or 495mm

diameter 16" or 406mm

wheels and tyres 12.5 x 15/8 PR

track 58" or 1.47m

All taken from a Taskers/Paterson brochure of circa 1972/3

This should get you going

4 minutes ago, super6 said:

Dimensions for this Ferti-Major I believe

overall length 12' 4" or 3.76m

overall width 6' 3" or 1.9m

overall height 4' 8" or 1.42m

overall height with (optional) scoop raised 8' 4" or 2.54m

minimum ground clearance 11" or279mm

Hopper

width 6' 0" or1.83m

length 6' 0" or 1.83m

capacity 62 cu.ft or 1.75 cu.m

capacity with extension sides 98 cu.ft or 2.78 cu.m

spreader disc-

height from ground 19.5" or 495mm

diameter 16" or 406mm

wheels and tyres 12.5 x 15/8 PR

track 58" or 1.47m

All taken from a Taskers/Paterson brochure of circa 1972/3

This should get you going

Super 6, you are an absolute star! 

Thank you very much indeed! 

No excuses now

cheers again 

Technical drawing never a strong point! But do we think looks about proportional to the larger type spreader? I think I need to bring the hopper just a little forwards to allow more space around the disk, and also drawbar maybe a little too deep Comments always welcomed....sorry for shadow, difficult with ceiling lights, pic opens the right way when you tap it

ps could site admin now change my title please, as dimensions now sorted thank you Paul image.thumb.jpeg.a7650f97bf2761c1c1f241a91cb324b9.jpeg 

10 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

I just can't help thinking the hopper doesn't look long enough. It's drawn scale though. 

Very hard to judge without having a good side-on photo to work from. Would it help to make a prototype out of card first? James aka stabliofarmer uses card to great effect in some of his builds.

5 hours ago, MadMark said:

The way I would judge it in the photo that Martin put up at the  top of the metal hopper there's a hole in the middle of it and the wheel comes upto that, so put 2 wheels side by side and then you have the length of  the hopper. But that's just my way of working it out.

Yes I've done that a bit, but like MB says, so difficult without true edge on photo 

A good start, what wheel/tyre combo are you using?

So is the tub as wide as it is long or square even? difficult to see from these photos, which could be a good thing having all those leaflet and internet pictures taken from the same odd angles!

1 hour ago, super6 said:

A good start, what wheel/tyre combo are you using?

So is the tub as wide as it is long or square even? difficult to see from these photos, which could be a good thing having all those leaflet and internet pictures taken from the same odd angles!

Thanks Paul 

Not decided yet, was going to use the wheels as you see in the photo, however I think the ones from the brochure shots you sent are slightly bigger, problem may be dining one that's right that looks ok. I think the britains varispreader wheel would probably be ok size wise but the wheel itself is crude.

all built as per your measurements I.e wide as it is long, I have to say it looks in proportion to the brochure you kindly mailed, however I still feel that there was a later, longer bodied version, not that it matters, going with this one now!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Looking great alf. Some interesting  stuff here: http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/28.html 

what have you used for the gears you have already? Look like they could be out of a clock.

Ah thanks Martin, they are not quite right but they certainly are my best option yet!  I'll check sizes. 

Yes on the other cogs, my Dad had a box of old pocket watch parts, a couple of which leant themselves to the job in hand! 

Archived