Wanted taskers fertispread dimensions

• 6 months later...

Well my wife and kids are away at sister in laws so a quiet evening. Just awaiting rams for the MF trailers so decided to have another look at the taskers. Taking shape, pulleys obviously not 100% and in truth a bit big, but not found anything better yet.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice , on the pullys side of it have you thought about cutting 2 thin slices of a solid plasticstrut rod  of the right sort of diameter and then  joining them with a smaller bit to form the wheel  ?? I did that with a couple of bits a while back , allows a better sizing then i used a mitre block to cut the main bits then filed them on the edges 

10 hours ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

This is absolutely brilliant! I have the brochure as I was planning on doing one myself ! But I didn’t feel I had photos of the real thing to do so 

Thanks Sam

yes I did it with just brochure dimensions and photos, largely off the web happy to send you all I have if you wish

7 hours ago, catkom3 said:

These might be an expensive alternative,what do you reckon,

http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/13.html

Regards

Joe.

Hi Joe thanks for that, yes certainly could bean option, though strictly speaking still not quite like the originals.  I’m going to leave a few days and see what I reckon when I look back at it. 

6 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Very nice , on the pullys side of it have you thought about cutting 2 thin slices of a solid plasticstrut rod  of the right sort of diameter and then  joining them with a smaller bit to form the wheel  ?? I did that with a couple of bits a while back , allows a better sizing then i used a mitre block to cut the main bits then filed them on the edges 

Hi Sean, I’d kind of thought about it, in truth haven’t got any to hand suitable size. Certainly a valid point. I’m away with work again now, but will have a re look when back. Thanks for thoughts. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived