John Deere 3130 OPU

13 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Honestly speaking, non as yet unless anyone has any suggestions, are you looking for one? 

Building a Scaledown County soon and the Fritz cab was an option on them. Wondering if it might work.

3 minutes ago, SPN said:

Building a Scaledown County soon and the Fritz cab was an option on them. Wondering if it might work.

I think it came off without any serious damage. Was glued on in places I'm sure, so might need a bit of resto but nothing serious. I'll take a look when back in uk and let you know. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/02/2017 at 10:56 PM, SPN said:

Bit more progress after not a lot of progress

schuco are a pain, their Deere green is more like a 15 year old faded shade!! Cab needs glazing and a bit of aligning better  

will change rear wheels to something a little more original looking  

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

Very nice conversion, Alf.

The schuco colour isn´t right. For this reason, I decided to paint the whole tractor in my conversion.

Best regards from Spain!

• 3 months later...

So this one has been sitting on my shelf a while, finally made a bit of progress reassembling. This has been a nightmare, I bought some relatively "cheap" paint on eBay for this conversion. You can guess the rest, yes rest assured the old "buy cheap, buy twice" saying proved itself true. So second time lucky after second complete strip here we are. Needs a bit of finishing still - cab steps, decals, lights plus some other bits and bobs 

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Liam7810 said:

very nice model ,well finished ,just wondering are those opu cabs hard to source or is their a website that sells them?

Hi Liam, thank you for comments. It's actually a resin copy of the old ertl one fitted to the original 3140, I got mine from Henri walker, but I'm sure he said no more to be made. Don't know how many are out there, if you can't find one maybe see if you can track down an old tatty ertl 3130. You will find one eventually. Hopefully will be decaled up by next week. Then it will be 90% finished.   

It's looking very good Alf, nice to see something a bit different. I can't understand why no-one has really taken the Sekura cab and made it more widely available, after all it has been used by John Deere, International, Ford and also David Brown, albeit a slightly longer version on these, and there are plenty of models out there that could be adapted to fit without too much major surgery, and I'm sure plenty of people who would want to do it :)

You can/could get these as recast(metal) cabs from Brian Norman. As used here by me.....

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else did them in resin as per the Duncan cabs that appear on ebay occasionally, Dave Towse perhaps?

On 8/27/2017 at 1:23 AM, alf aphid said:

Hi Liam, thank you for comments. It's actually a resin copy of the old ertl one fitted to the original 3140, I got mine from Henri walker, but I'm sure he said no more to be made. Don't know how many are out there, if you can't find one maybe see if you can track down an old tatty ertl 3130. You will find one eventually. Hopefully will be decaled up by next week. Then it will be 90% finished.   Thanks For your help, will look into the cab suggestions! V good looks good as it is will be a v nice addition to your collection :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2017 at 9:05 PM, alf aphid said:

Next project, will be slow time!

Schuco Deere 3130 converted into an opu cabbed version. 

IMG_9818.JPG

For anyone requiring one of these cabs they are available from Brian Norman in blue and cream resin for about £7ish I think.

• 2 years later...

Archived