tarrup 306 mower

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yellw insulation tapes a good idea, double it so its not sticky on the inside,got loads of that in the van and never thought of trying it ,but i do usally need a bigger area . otherwise  waterproof coat material is a good one, i use red for my trailer covers, paul capon used to sell it from memory, but a good material shop probably will to by the meter 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it was tougher in brass to make but I like a bit of weight to my models rather than the plastic ones I started off with, I am in the process of starting a major topper which I will hope to use all brass material again as it will be easier to bend than plastic for certain parts of this next build. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 8:58 AM, Liam7810 said:

Yes it was tougher in brass to make but I like a bit of weight to my models rather than the plastic ones I started off with, I am in the process of starting a major topper which I will hope to use all brass material again as it will be easier to bend than plastic for certain parts of this next build. 

I had exactly the same thought about weight of model, maybe one day I'll have a go with it. Still learning with plastic though. Great looking build you should be proud! 

Thanks! Yes I agree a bit of weight is nice, brass is nice to work with I find but plastic sometimes can be the better alternative for certain builds depending on how it will be made and how complex the parts will be! 

Archived