MF weeks 6 tonne trailer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JEP said:

Liking that a lot, very impressive scratch building Alistair, well done :)

Thank you John, and thanks for your assistance with photos of yours. Certainly pleased overall, though of course in your own builds you always know where all the faults lie! 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Never ever seen a weeks mono body in real life , but there was a brochure on ebay recently and in that they were all green ?? and a later type? i have checked my brochure and the mono bodies dont appear in that, there was a discussion on faceslap recently about them,and the only ones anyone had seen were called easy riders or Labradors i think, twin axel ones .

A544D309-1F7C-4B56-90C5-3751BFF67F06.png

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Never ever seen a weeks mono body in real life , but there was a brochure on ebay recently and in that they were all green ?? and a later type? i have checked my brochure and the mono bodies dont appear in that, there was a discussion on faceslap recently about them,and the only ones anyone had seen were called easy riders or Labradors i think, twin axel ones .

Thanks Sean. Yes these are, or were, not sure if they still exist, Richard Western trailers, I think they were built in Poland or similar?

23 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

never seen that brochure  about john, must keep my eyes peeled for one, bar the very occasional single sheet ones you don't see many mono body ones about at all 

I think i must have picked them up at a show years ago Sean as I've had them since i was a boy, there's a couple of the monocoque ones and a couple of the dropsides, plenty of ideas for builds but not the time!

3 hours ago, 844john said:

I think i must have picked them up at a show years ago Sean as I've had them since i was a boy, there's a couple of the monocoque ones and a couple of the dropsides, plenty of ideas for builds but not the time!

its more a poster isn't it john, very nice ,i have a good drop side one,16 pages in total ,got it a few years back for ref

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

its more a poster isn't it john, very nice ,i have a good drop side one,16 pages in total ,got it a few years back for ref

I wouldn't say it's a poster Sean as it's double sided, more a folded leaflet

On 1/30/2021 at 9:16 AM, Tractorman810 said:

My old boss had a 12t one, basically the same as a Richard Western very similar in design and build. Was a good trailer this was me with it at first cut last year96512133_2695276984086200_2344763319950245888_o.thumb.jpg.c21f4e1057230b25d4567085e484840e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 4:06 PM, Anderson Agri said:

My old boss had a 12t one, basically the same as a Richard Western very similar in design and build. Was a good trailer this was me with it at first cut last year96512133_2695276984086200_2344763319950245888_o.thumb.jpg.c21f4e1057230b25d4567085e484840e.jpg

Zac i'm not 100% but i'm thinking that in a conversation with someone Rich Western bought the Weeks rights as it were and then started producing the Weeks trailers like in your photo in a factory in Poland, so for all intents and purpuses the Weeks now are like a budget range to a Rich Western, back in the day when Weeks was Weeks at Hessle, they did their own stuff, and in MF red with different model numbers but also had an agreement with Venhuis building tankers and trailers to go out to Holland finished in Venhuis yellow

Archived