Paul Palmer's conversions

made a start to this britains TW10 that will be converted to a 9700,ive done this conversion before,i have replaced both front and rear axles,wheels and tyres from a uh tw 30 2wd,wheels sprayed the correct colour,i have removed the air cleaner ready for a taller one,and removed the inacurrate front weights,they will be replaced with front weights from a britains 7600,bonnet decal and numberplate on its way from Henri Walker

ford 9700 conversion 001.JPG

ford 9700 conversion 002.JPG

ford 9700 conversion 003.JPG

ford 9700 conversion 004.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

Looking good Paul, just one thing it might be me but the front weights looks like there sitting a bit low, as I said it might just be me.

thanks Mark,i will have a look at the front weights,you are right

8830.jpg

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

i have been busy with the fords,this tw has had its cab/floorpan raised by 2mm,as bluegreen found that the cab was to low,the top of the bonnet decal should be in line with the top of the lower windows,which now it is,he did it to his tw 35,i have painted the front wheels,with this one, im undecided what to do to it,i dont want all my tw's and 8830 on bigger rubber and with wheel weights,so this one might stay as she is,this one came in the post yesterday with the bonnet off,so some damage with the bonnet flying around the box,one light had to be glued back on,the exhaust was broke off and the aerial nearly snapped off,but all repaired,but one big chip on the bonnet ,so might be some weathering done to this to cover up the chip

universal hobbies ford TW 35 001.JPG

universal hobbies ford TW 35 002.JPG

universal hobbies ford TW 35 003.JPG

universal hobbies ford TW 35 004.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer

20 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

thats a cracking picture,thankyou very much Wayne,is that at a dealer near you?

No problem at all Paul. There was an annual charity tractor run on today, that I went to. Some lovely machines at it, latest news I heard there was 712 tractors at it. :0 

i will be drilling a new hole for the rear axle,to position the wheels better,pictures later,im also looking to see if i can fit the britains tw front wheels as well,looking at the real tractor that seems to be the type fitted

Edited by Paul Palmer

cracking model there paul spent a few hours in one of them hooked up to early new Holland D1000 baler and browns bale juggler .you fired up some memorys there for me  lovely job you are doing is this just going on your shelves or layout