Paul Palmer's conversions

These models should have had that style front rim fitted by marge, looks spot on. Are you changing the rears too? Your first 9700 conversion is being well looked after, washed regularly and polished twice a year. she has been re decaled as an 8700 though.  

2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Hi Martin,no the rears are staying,i think they are correct,mind you you could advise me there,glad you still have the 9700, now the 8700,im going to do another 9700 very soon Martin,watch this space

Late q cab 10 series would have the dished centres, not sure on exact date off the top of my head, possibly 84/85. Are you doing the 9700 in the same way you did the last one?

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Late q cab 10 series would have the dished centres, not sure on exact date off the top of my head, possibly 84/85. Are you doing the 9700 in the same way you did the last one?

so are my rear wheels wrong? and yes the 9700 will be done exactly the same way Martin

Depends on what age you want it to be, my 7610 is c reg, which is one of the last q cabbed ones built. It has dished centres. If yours is a reg it should in theory have the Sankey centres like the 6600. Of course plenty of these will have had later style ones fitted. 

18 hours ago, mb86 said:

Depends on what age you want it to be, my 7610 is c reg, which is one of the last q cabbed ones built. It has dished centres. If yours is a reg it should in theory have the Sankey centres like the 6600. Of course plenty of these will have had later style ones fitted. 

Thanks Martin,my uncles was A reg,i seem to remember this discussion about the rear wheels of this tractor before,but here is another picture,let me know what you think Martin

post-1769-0-77659600-1423313931.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadMark said:

It was about 83/84 they changed the dished rims Martin, dad had a X reg 6610 with the 66 style rims/centres then tractor was changed to a A reg with square style dishes.

Great. Thanks mark, I wasn't a million miles out with the year. My excuse is I'm not old enough to remember ;)

• Like 1

this one is nearly finished,lots of small detailing,cab grab rails added,bonnet grab rail added,painted rear number plate lights,painted wheels and wheel nuts and wheel centres,cab roof aerial added,cab door handles painted, rear reflectors painted, rear window frame also painted,just to weather the roof and im waiting on a numberplate,thats it,might lightly weather the tractor all over

DSCF6300.JPG

DSCF6301.JPG

DSCF6302.JPG

DSCF6303.JPG

DSCF6304.JPG

DSCF6305.JPG

DSCF6306.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MadMark said:

Going well at the moment Paul, not done any conversion work for months now and not really bothered about doing any. What with the other half we do a lot of biking yes me on a mounting bike;D must be doing me some good as lost a lot of weight.

glad to hear it Mark

i would like to have a go at  the universal hobbies ford 8830,but pointed out to me sometime ago by bluegreen(Phil) uh have got the wrong mudguards on,has anybody attempted to put on the floorpan/mudguards from the smaller fords by universal hobbies,ie the gen II and gen III fords,6410,7810 etc? as these mudguards would be correct, i know i would still have to paint them black though,any thoughts or ideas are welcome, i have looked at the marge model 8830,but they are very difficult to get hold of,and ones that are available are fetching good prices

s-l1600 (6).jpg

universal-hobbies-132-ford-8830-4wd-powershift-tractor.jpg

universal-hobbies-132-ford-8830-4wd-powershift-tractor (1).jpg

Edited by Paul Palmer

Paul. I might be able to do the same as I did for the britains cab, I think I have both the 10 series and the tw cab in a box somewhere. I will have a look when I get time but it might take me a while as I have a lot in at the moment. 

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

Paul. I might be able to do the same as I did for the britains cab, I think I have both the 10 series and the tw cab in a box somewhere. I will have a look when I get time but it might take me a while as I have a lot in at the moment. 

would appreciate that Martin,thankyou

done a bit to this today,not just a case of swapping floorpans over,a bit of cutting and spacing needed,pictures after xmas,also need a britains tw 30/35 for its tyres,i want to put fatter tyres than universal hobbies ones,also will have to paint the mudguards from white to black

some pictures,painted the 7810 cab/floorpan,need to spray the wheels the correct colour,bigger tyres to add and add front mudguards,i had to move the toolbox and steps on the right hand side and as i said,its not just a case of swapping over the cab from the 7810,at least now it has the correct mudguards,i will add front weights and look and see if an imber front linkage i have will fit,also rear wheel weights to finish it off

ford 8830 001.JPG

ford 8830 002.JPG

ford 8830 003.JPG

ford 8830 004.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 5