Paul Palmer's conversions

i can see the legs look different to my model,also different to what i have seen on real life machines,and thats why Smithy if he has added an extra 2,so what hp to pull that then

He pulls it with a J/D 8335RT which I think is 330hp but his previous J/D was smaller and that pulled it ok he used to pull a 4m outfit but went narrower to get rows of rape closer .as light land say its not really the HP its the depth you put it in you go to deep and you would properly need 500hp and get lumps that you cant break down   

• Like 1

Shouldn't be a lot more Paul, the extra legs are to bring up smaller lumps and leave a channel down for the roots as Smithy says.

got you ,thanks Ol

He pulls it with a J/D 8335RT which I think is 330hp but his previous J/D was smaller and that pulled it ok he used to pull a 4m outfit but went narrower to get rows of rape closer .as light land say its not really the HP its the depth you put it in you go to deep and you would properly need 500hp and get lumps that you cant break down   

ok,thanks smithy

Nice work Paul :)..............I have a solo in my projects to do box as I need something for the 4755 to lug about.................................I used to have my last solo running behind a Magnum 335 with a Dave Towse  simba cultipress hooked up to the solos  rear towing hitch.................... A cultivations train :police:

Given that the solo only needs 170hp to pull it (on medium land) I suspect your 300hp + FW  could handle the extra tool on the rear if you wanted..............It did look good behind the Magnum.

looked up the hp ratings Phil,with the configuration of the britains model,ie mid mounted roller and with pro lift tines,again as fitted to the britains model,it does take 240-270 hp,so i still have 65 hp to play with,and on easily worked soil,or not working to deep the fw could handle the rear press as well,so yes ,spot on Phil

post-1769-0-05698000-1428599643_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Very nice Paul, I really need to get my hands on a Wiking 6930, they look excellent. Did you make the number plate holder yourself?

thanks as allways Pat,no i didnt make the numberplate holder,but i did move it to the right,as originally wiking had it on the left

• Like 1

i have removed the britains style hitch,and the top link that came with it,so it can be attached to wiking rear linkages,also removed the rear discs,to be weathered when time allows,this is going on my layout

post-1769-0-77157300-1429035137_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-26171000-1429035154_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-63478900-1429035202_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-83786800-1429035221_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-17445600-1429035241_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-91946400-1429035265_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali
  • Like 6