John Deere 6130R

Ive been working on this 6130R model for a few hours now and its coming along nicely.   Main changes from its original 6125R standard format will be the new style exhaust pipe, closed centre rear wheel rims as per most real 6R tractors and a front weight instead of the folding front links which I switched onto my 6195R sprayer tractor.   Heres a few pics which show some detailing.

I always paint the cab hinges on these 6Rs which makes a good improvement, although its best to prime them first to get the coverage.

P1050951.JPG

P1050950.JPG

P1050952.JPG

P1050953.JPG

Thanks Pat,  Its coming along well ...........just needs a bit of work to get the weight holder right.

As for the exhaust, I bought a ertl 6215r  US model and then cunningly replicated its exhaust six times with composimold;D

So your flirtation with Deutz didn't come to anything Chris?  I guess Deere made an offer you couldn't refuse:rolleyes:..................We have a lot of 6130Rs on hire locally and 6155Rs and they looks so much better with 5 pillar cabs and the bigger exhausts.

9 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

So your flirtation with Deutz didn't come to anything Chris?  I guess Deere made an offer you couldn't refuse:rolleyes:..................We have a lot of 6130Rs on hire locally and 6155Rs and they looks so much better with 5 pillar cabs and the bigger exhausts.

Yes ours will have the 5 pillar cabs, which is a plus for me, as for the Deutz mate, we all liked it, it was 18k cheaper than the Deere with 25 more hp, but they were 10k less on the trade in and residual value after 4 years would be 10 k less than the Deere would make, so the deeres won the day. Had a look at a 150 hp kubota the other day, 40k box, no computer but with electric spools, climate control,air seat, 5 year warranty on farm for 53k. Local dealer to us here in essex(Browns) have sold 5 this MONTH.

23 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Yes ours will have the 5 pillar cabs, which is a plus for me, as for the Deutz mate, we all liked it, it was 18k cheaper than the Deere with 25 more hp, but they were 10k less on the trade in and residual value after 4 years would be 10 k less than the Deere would make, so the deeres won the day. Had a look at a 150 hp kubota the other day, 40k box, no computer but with electric spools, climate control,air seat, 5 year warranty on farm for 53k. Local dealer to us here in essex(Browns) have sold 5 this MONTH.

loads of them kubota's appering down this way to chris, know of 1 dairy farm thats gone from fully jd to them,runs 6 tractors, ,two with front loaders, several appearing on other farms in the area of him to.

42 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

loads of them kubota's appering down this way to chris, know of 1 dairy farm thats gone from fully jd to them,runs 6 tractors, ,two with front loaders, several appearing on other farms in the area of him to.

They have certainly got the tuckwells rep rattled, as their depot in Dunmow is just around the corner.

Got her done over the weekend and very pleased with it............................Lots of JD 6Rs round here with wafer weights on the front and plenty of 6130Rs as well.   I chose the loader version because the front lights on it are the updated clear versions and not the numb silver ones.  Also I quite like the hi vis roof which isn't as drastic as the ugly fendt 700 version, and Ive put up a pic of a smart 6150R from last year with same roof.

It was a bit of a pig getting the weight holder in after quite a bit of modification to the front suspension parts.   The rear siku wheels and tyres are a perfect match and only needed a little modifying. The tyres no longer carry the unwanted "siku" logo on them and are great donors.

P1050957.JPG

P1050956.JPG

P1050961.JPG

P1050958.JPG

May, June and July 2016 037.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Archived