Roadless 98 (Duncan cab) / tabmodels

Starting with the cab, using a resin cast Duncan cab, this had to be modified to include the sliding side windows, aluminium framed windscreen, a scratch built roof top, and scratch built mud guards...

DSC_0785.thumb.JPG.82e6d7a93f19f541b5281efba2ca6fe4.JPGDSC_0786.thumb.JPG.3a18bdd0f9398ec279aa8a3c351211ae.JPG

3 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Looking good so far Ian8)

Cheers Mark, been slaving over this one all day, looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It will have Scaledown rear wheels and UH Massey 590 front wheels when it's done ;)

Axle attached to skid unit along with seat, exhaust and pre cleaner. I decided to go for the blue pre cleaner and silver exhaust from that era. Skid unit and bonnet sprayed along with dash cowling, 'perspex' dash cover fitted along with steering wheel

DSC_0812.thumb.JPG.dbf5c3bbcf6bdfa289d62cdd7745e225.JPGDSC_0813.thumb.JPG.c903fc69ed202c5925b98b05bbd20d44.JPGDSC_0811.thumb.JPG.8be7039645d1048df1e7649cd1b3ea89.JPG

43 minutes ago, tabmodels said:

Ok some teaser pics until the weather behaves so I can take some outdoor pics of the finished model ::)

DSC_0829.thumb.JPG.3dcf30916c8b9e2c87feafba098e1fd2.JPG

Looking superb. That cab roof is what I should have on my 2030, if you ever get a spare 5 mins ???

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:36 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Even though you've only posted a few teaser pics Ian.... she looks fantastic in 32nd.... would be the dog's bobbins in 16th ;)

Thanks Paul! 1/16 would look fantastic though the level of detail would be daunting! :of

ooo thats nice, sort of thing i would like in my collection, have started something similar down here, 4wd, but want to go working front axel, got all the parts just not the time right now . but wont be long,infact there are 4 different fords sat on the work bench 

4 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

ooo thats nice, sort of thing i would like in my collection, have started something similar down here, 4wd, but want to go working front axel, got all the parts just not the time right now . but wont be long,infact there are 4 different fords sat on the work bench 

Thanks, working front axle would be the ultimate goal, but difficult to make it look realistic, and styrene plastic may not be up to the task! Is it a metal front axle you're working on?

no i found a resin one,from a belgium website i think it was . its cast in 3 parts, main centre and 2 x end hubs, but they glue the hubs on, i can get them off with a little care i recon, they do not appear well glued lookimg at them , just need to fit the link arm amd power steering parts to them then . the diffs offset as well so suits what i want to make, they also do the cv joints for the drive shaft, proper working ones so to speak .

i know the guy goes to the zwolle show,so if i get it sorted before going i will pick some more up of him

Archived