Delete

SPN

I can't really see an issue here. If you are posting a topic on the forum then you are putting it in the public domain and inviting critique. It will only be the first post of the topic that is shared and not all the discussion afterwards, after all, we want people to become members of the forum. It is like a taster if you like to get people to sign up.

On 7/7/2017 at 5:55 PM, robbo said:

I can't really see an issue here. If you are posting a topic on the forum then you are putting it in the public domain and inviting critique. It will only be the first post of the topic that is shared and not all the discussion afterwards, after all, we want people to become members of the forum. It is like a taster if you like to get people to sign up.

This is a private forum. The content cannot be viewed from outside.

When you start allowing automatic interaction with the various social media platforms you relinquish all control of what gets shared with whom and where.

I was looking for a piece of information a couple of weeks ago and in the process I found an Australian big-data agglomeration site that had a lot more information about me pulled together from various sources than would be permitted under EU data protection law. This frightened the s*%t out of me.

I understand where Andy is coming from, and how he would like to see this work out.

But once you start putting Google and facebook apis (application programming interface) into systems you relinquish control of your data.

I've been programming computers since the early 1980s, and using the Internet since the early 1990s. Some of the stuff that is being done with big data at the moment in positively frightening.

Anyways, maybe I'm being overcautious.

I'll restart the thread I was originally posting, and maybe Andy or one of the mods could read up on the General Data Protection Regulation which comes into force next year as it will probably have an impact on boards like this.

http://www.eugdpr.org/

Archived