Richard western chaser bin

Thought I would have a go at building a Richard western chaser bin but would like to see what people think of it before I paint it so I can improve it before it gets a coat of paint there are still things to go on after painting but this is what I have done so far

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9402.JPG

29 minutes ago, sandy6930 said:

It's good to get some more pics to see the detail does it need to be on a tractor as big as that I was just going to put it on my John deere 6210r 

I drove one in America held roughly 26-27 ton on a john Deere 8320R, quite simply yes it as there is a lot of weight behind the tractor  and it could boss the tractor around sometimes so it's better to be on top of the job I think :) 

4 hours ago, sandy6930 said:

It's good to get some more pics to see the detail does it need to be on a tractor as big as that I was just going to put it on my John deere 6210r 

Strangely enough Sandy,I also photographed a Richard Western yesterday a GR30,and like Ben said with the weight they carry a big tractor is needed up front,this one was hooked up to a Fendt 936 with the optional 900 tyres,

Regards

Joe.

Hay Farms 2.jpg

6 hours ago, sandy6930 said:

Some people say ......... that about 10hp per tonne, is a good benchmark. More if it is hilly ground.

I have the Perrard 25 tonne chaser and would normally pair it with the T7.270, 828 or 724.

Got some stickers put on today and the hydraulic pipes. Just got the lights a few stickers and the sheet to put on but not sure what to use as a sheet as I tried an old fertiliser bag but it wouldn't roll up small enough

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG

Really nice work here and you must be one of the only people with a layout big enough to make a piece of kit like that look small.

On my bulkers I have used this for sheetinghttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400357923239 it rolls quite well and doesn't distort or fade with constant rolling and unrolling. Its also nice a cheap! The superior material to use is Solartex, much pricier but very much like real sheet scaled down.

On 02/08/2017 at 1:01 PM, Stabliofarmer said:

Really nice work here and you must be one of the only people with a layout big enough to make a piece of kit like that look small.

On my bulkers I have used this for sheetinghttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400357923239 it rolls quite well and doesn't distort or fade with constant rolling and unrolling. Its also nice a cheap! The superior material to use is Solartex, much pricier but very much like real sheet scaled down.

Thanks for the advice I have went for the same stuff as you use hopefully it will come soon and I will get pics up of it completed

Archived