My Collection

844john

On 10/20/2021 at 5:41 AM, 844john said:

Thanks Chris, nice to see you back on here!

Try to get on here mate, but time just gets away from me. Been a rubbish year on the farm, wet autumn, wet winter, dry April, mega hailstorm in July, dull damp harvest, and now another wet autumn. Oh, and our Deere 6920 has just had the crown wheel in the back end give up and it’s going to cost 17k to fix……you couldn’t make it up mate…

3 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Try to get on here mate, but time just gets away from me. Been a rubbish year on the farm, wet autumn, wet winter, dry April, mega hailstorm in July, dull damp harvest, and now another wet autumn. Oh, and our Deere 6920 has just had the crown wheel in the back end give up and it’s going to cost 17k to fix……you couldn’t make it up mate…

Its not been good mind has it, we seem to have been chasing grass all year, it has freshened up a bit after the rain this last few days, but it’s too late now really. That’s eye watering with the 69 mind.....it’s these things that Joe public don’t realise isn’t it

Just now, 844john said:

Its not been good mind has it, we seem to have been chasing grass all year, it has freshened up a bit after the rain this last few days, but it’s too late now really. That’s eye watering with the 69 mind.....it’s these things that Joe public don’t realise isn’t it

Certainly is mate, we are just glad it went wrong while the subsidy cheque is still coming, when the extra money goes out of the job I don’t know how farmers will be able to afford to replace kit. 

1 minute ago, chris.watson said:

Certainly is mate, we are just glad it went wrong while the subsidy cheque is still coming, when the extra money goes out of the job I don’t know how farmers will be able to afford to replace kit. 

I think that’s the biggest problem that farming faces to be honest Chris, the price of  what we produce hasn’t kept pace with the cost of machinery and all other inputs.  Fifty years ago a trailer load of lambs would have bought a new tractor.....doubt the same trailer load would put new tyres on a tractor now....

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2017 at 10:09 AM, 844john said:

Thank you both, that is just the tip of a probably too large iceberg! There's upwards of 500 tractors and implements under our stairs and secreted around the house, plus our little lad will have well over 100, the hardest part is explaining to the better half why we "need" so many tractors!

Here's a picture of a model of our farm that I made for our son, again it's not finished !

WP_20170226_14_23_11_Pro.jpg

I like your farm buildings.could u give me a idea how u made them.they are fantastic

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Some more fantastic work there John, weathered nicely too 👍

Thanks Paul, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on here, so there’s a bit of catching up to do 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on here, so there’s a bit of catching up to do 😉

And here's us thinking you would have been busy with the lambs.... Certainly good to see your latest additions, buildings look good too