Justy 46 Collection

justy 46

1 hour ago, Steve P said:

Nice models there Justin, always had a soft spot for MB tracs, remember them being quite popular around my neck of the woods during the early to late 80s particularly the 1000 and the 1500s. 

Quiet a few were around my area also Steve , again most being the 1000 & 1500s . Country Wide Drains had 3 of the 1000s with HighSpec slurrytankers before they bought trucks &  expanded , there was also a few 1500s doing the same operation with a different firm & a few private haulers had them hauling for Co-ops . They were the fastest tractor on the road in there day for long distance hauling & that was basically there strong point.

Edited by justy 46

19 minutes ago, MDFord said:

Nice set of models  Justin. 

What  do you think of the 8560, I'd like  one, but the cab roof always puts me off buying one - it just looks too high and sticks out like a sore thumb

It's a mainland Euro spec machine I recon . Not sure why it has a high look roof , but what ever tractor Replicagri based it on over in France ,it must have had a high roof ! Because outside of that , it's a little gem !! I also have an M160 version in the collection , but I was always wanting a BLUE one ..:D

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MDFord said:

Nice set of models  Justin. 

What  do you think of the 8560, I'd like  one, but the cab roof always puts me off buying one - it just looks too high and sticks out like a sore thumb

It’s not quite right, you are correct, however it’s not a bad model, always surprises me how they have never exploited this one more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

It’s not quite right, you are correct, however it’s not a bad model, always surprises me how they have never exploited this one more. 

It would be great if they got a few of the latter TM series machines outa them , a TM 155 Classic would be great !!

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

It would be great if they got a few of the latter TM series machines outa them , a TM 155 Classic would be great !!

1 hour ago, alf aphid said:

Have to agree with you both, popular tractors that would be nice to see as a model

tm.jpg

Edited by MDFord
  • Like 2

i suspect they may not have gone into the tms as the origonals came out right at the start of the financial crisis if you think about it, i guess market confidence may not have been there,poss banks not willing to lend the outlay who knows,  it somehow i recon they will come at some point, they hold the license afterall ,and bar a chassis repaint and a new cab roof theres not a lot to alter on it overall, bar wheel hubs if needed jsut to make it a tad different 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, MDFord said:

I've got the Db Justin, funny old thing isn't it, the wings look way too high to the bonnet

Yeah . I'd  say it's mainland Euro spec !! Mind the Atlas Ford 5000 has good potential for convos . Surprised nobody has used it yet !!

• 1 month later...

Finally got my hands on an Atlas Fordson SuperDexta.  A 3cyl Ford finally in 1/32. I will have to do something about the very narrow rear tyres. Not gone on them . Apparently a UH MF 135 or 35X will fit . But I ain't buying a whole tractor just for tyres . :unsure: 

20181106_175504.jpg

20181106_175440.jpg

20181106_175454.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

We'll done Justin, bar the tyres and a daft hitch front and rear they are a nice little model. I wonder how far off scaledown dexta tyres are.

Cheers Martin. The ScaleDown are probably better im sure. Britains MF135 tyres might be worth a try. They are still narrow but better than what's on it at present.

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...